Jestersix

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

I feel your fish loss pain
Onward and upward
Feed the fish, change some water
May this year be better than the last
Best fishes to ya

The culprit of the ich outbreak was a multicolor angel that was added to the main display a bit to early...a expensive and heartbreaking lesson.

I might be getting rid of the coris and marbled wrasse so I can add more clowns, smaller wrasses, some dither fish, & maybe some bellus or wantanabes angels.

Last edited:

Update on the sulfur denitrator. I'm getting a reading of 10 ppm or less. I also increased the drip rate to 4-5 drips per second. I suspect the rapid drop in nitrates is due to the fact there was already existing bacteria in the water from the carbon dosing.

Last edited:
I really liked the sulfur based denitrator, that's what took care of nitrates in my tank, just keep an eye for any clogs in the effluent or your wife will be really mad, your kids would probably be blaming each other...
I opted for a reactor fed from the drain; power supply issues and old fused based wiring at home limited the amps I was able to draw so I sold the Midwest unit to Ed.
I think you may not experience a clogged reactor maybe due to the recirculating pump but just keep an eye on it.
Is that a xenia forest on the right of the tank?

Back