Jestersix

Reef Hobbyist 40B

Any updates on the ATS? I've used them on FW for a few years and I've been thinking about adding one to my tank.
I personally think my ATS contributes a lot in keeping nutrients in check... Last month I switched to a lower PAR red LED light and since then noticing green growth on one side and brown growth on the other side but still pretty decent growth. I clean it every 2 weeks.

What a beautiful tank! I wanted you to know that my afterschool reef club spent some time checking out your photo progression on the first page with great interest. It was easy for them to compare pics and look for changes. We are getting ready to add corals to our classroom tank. We are also getting a nice camera and our #1 camera girl was all over your recent close-ups. Thanks for the great journal!

What a beautiful tank! I wanted you to know that my afterschool reef club spent some time checking out your photo progression on the first page with great interest. It was easy for them to compare pics and look for changes. We are getting ready to add corals to our classroom tank. We are also getting a nice camera and our #1 camera girl was all over your recent close-ups. Thanks for the great journal!
Thank you so much! I feel so good :)

I forgot to update that progression with the recent ones, will do it soon...

Last week I was in Ireland and on Wednesday 2am I got an Apex notification that my return pump failed! I looked at my live video feed and saw the water level higher in the sump so confirmed it was not a false alarm. Long story short, I got in touch with @jonmos75 & @wpeterson. Jon remotely analyzed my APEX dash while Winfield went over to my home with a backup pump, swapped my return pump with a DC9000, cleaned the filter sock and made sure everything was up and running fine.

Can't be more thankful to be part of BAR and to know fellow reefers who are so helpful. Thanks again Winfield & Jon!

Last week I was in Ireland and on Wednesday 2am I got an Apex notification that my return pump failed! I looked at my live video feed and saw the water level higher in the sump so confirmed it was not a false alarm. Long story short, I got in touch with @jonmos75 & @wpeterson. Jon remotely analyzed my APEX dash while Winfield went over to my home with a backup pump, swapped my return pump with a DC9000, cleaned the filter sock and made sure everything was up and running fine.

Can't be more thankful to be part of BAR and to know fellow reefers who are so helpful. Thanks again Winfield & Jon!

I've had my own close calls like this :-/ We had a return pump fail overnight the morning we were flying out to the east coast for a week. I was able to give the pump a 7am vinegar bath and get it working, but it was a ton of stress.

I'm happy to help any folks nearby if you have a tank disaster, but it's a reminder how valuable the tank service companies in our club are for everyone else to have someone who can troubleshoot a critical problem to keep your tank alive.

FTS time! didn't play too much with light/cam settings... just quick shots :)

20mm Wide Angle
01a.png

10mm FishEye
02a.png

Back