x08.jpg
x07.jpg
x06.jpg
x05.jpg
x04.jpg
x03.jpg
x02.jpg
x01.jpg

I was thinking you'd be better off with a higher focal length macro lense. They're pricey though.

The only other higher focal length is a 180mm and its f3.5L. Its definitely pricey. Iirc, @wpeterson 's camera is not full frame so he should have a 1.3 or 1.5 multiplier which makes the 100mm effectively a 130mm or 150mm. But those 2 lens only get you to 1:1.

@Nav
how much cropping did you have to do?

I'm shopping for a focusing rail + either extension tubes or a bellows. Either that or spring for the MP-E 65mm which will get me to 5X! The dof must be smaller than a 1mm @ f2.8 and full 5X mag.

LOL, just read that the MP-E @ 5X at f2.8 has a DOF of 0.048mm at a working distance of 41mm.

@ Nav
Nice! Remind me which camera body are you using again? APS-C chip?

Reactions: Nav
I bought a used Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, but the focusing motors didn't seem to work properly and it seemed wonky. @Vhuang168 has the same lense and his worked beautifully on my camera body at the workshop. I returned the used one.

I'm also considering a new EFS 60mm macro lens.

Reactions: Nav
Came home today to see my McCoskers Flasher Wrasse dried up in the center of my screen top! I have almost every bit of it closed and literally there's like 1/2" gap where the return line pipe sits and this guy made it out from there to the center top of the screen taking a sun/led bath!! :(

Time to look at my next addition... I'm very skeptical since I don't QT and afraid I'll bring some disease in!

Through a tiny hole! That sucks!

I usually put my fish through 2 weeks of tank transfers and 1 week of prazi pro. Not very intense compared to some people but it's good enough for me. I just feed them different foods to hopefully give them a good health. Also stare at the fish for quite some time at the Fish Store before buying.

You can do tank transfers that will take care of ich. That takes 12 days. You can dose parzipro during a few of the transfers for the internal parasites.

That should take care of most problems. You can also setup a simple qt for further observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do tank transfers that will take care of ich. That takes 12 days. You can dose parzipro during a few of the transfers for the internal parasites.

That should take care of most problems. You can also setup a simple qt for further observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where do you get the 12 days figure from?

Back