Kessil

Leemar Starphire 290

I just saw this...been very busy at work too, infact they put me up in a corporate housing in santa clara for while so I didn't have to drive from SF daily. Anyways, glad to see the tank is still running Kris. I told you that if a coral can survive my tank it will thrive in yours. Your station is near my place so if you need frags let me know.

I just saw this...been very busy at work too, infact they put me up in a corporate housing in santa clara for while so I didn't have to drive from SF daily. Anyways, glad to see the tank is still running Kris. I told you that if a coral can survive my tank it will thrive in yours. Your station is near my place so if you need frags let me know.

Thanks Arnold!! Appreciate it man.

Santa Clara? You should stay away from Santa Clara for a few weeks I think. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kris/Ron I am so sorry to hear of all of the loss and heartache that went on with your tank in 2015. Sorry I wasn't around to help you out if possible. Proud that you got through your probation. As someone who works closely with the PD/FD's I know how that stuff goes!

I know your dedication to your tank and its residents will far out weigh the losses that happened. Your tank will be up needed pruned in no time. If there is a green thumb for growing corals, you have it my friend. I think we had MAYBE texted about this but I cant remember.

Talk to you soon Bud!

Kris/Ron I am so sorry to hear of all of the loss and heartache that went on with your tank in 2015. Sorry I wasn't around to help you out if possible. Proud that you got through your probation. As someone who works closely with the PD/FD's I know how that stuff goes!

I know your dedication to your tank and its residents will far out weigh the losses that happened. Your tank will be up needed pruned in no time. If there is a green thumb for growing corals, you have it my friend. I think we had MAYBE texted about this but I cant remember.

Talk to you soon Bud!

Thanks Dan, appreciate it man. Hope things are good........... Getting lot's of snow?

So do you guys remember "Fishbit?" Alex and Nate came to a few tank tours and were working on a new aquarium controller.

Well, they kept in touch over the last couple years and came by last week to see the tank. They interviewed me to get some footage for a video they were working on, and took some video of the tank as well.

Here is the video. Turned out to be a little documentary about their journey with fishbit. It is a very well done video, and I am happy for the guys that are moving into the next stage of production. If you have some time, give it a look. It's very professional. The tank is featured about half way through.

Attempting to be less of a "Lurker!" LOL!
Tank is recovering well from last years madness. I am re-dedicated, and enjoying it more than ever before. I have been working to focus more on smaller reef fish, and re-housing my larger / more aggressive fish. It is making a huge difference, and the tank is very happy and chill. Anyway, here are some pics. Hoping to get some video soon. Sorry for "Lurking," but I do like to admire / learn from what everyone else is doing.

[/URL

This Chalice was given to me by Erin "Kensington Reefer" years ago. Never really took off until about a year ago. Slow growing, but the colors are INSANE!! Still morphing colors, so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Space invader Pectina. Get's real fluffy during the day and moves around with the current. Nasty long tentacles at night.

Male Flame Wrasse.........there is a beautiful female in there as well. Not quite a mated pair, but hanging out together more and more these days. Fingers crossed. ;)

I seem to be collecting Fungia coral. Just like how they look / act / feed.

Fungia garden. ;)

This is actually Alfred "Neuro's" Favia. SO beautiful!

My OG Mummy Eye Chalice has been getting new colors lately. Check out the purple / blue!! WHAT?!!!

No idea what this coral is. Bought it as a bright green frag a few years ago. We call it the "knuckle" coral.

This was a tiny frag I got from Joh "Jar" years ago. I believe it was an A Vilada? Something like that.

Pagoda from Jim "Gimmito." Came out of Shiu Tins large tank. Bright green is very neon under actinic.

Bought 12 Blue/green chromis. Lot's of movement in the tank. They are fun. Only 9 left though??

Kessils shut off while I was taking pics. Less of a blue tone. This is just the ecoxotic "marine" fixtures. Notice the new powder blue!! So happy he made it. Tank lights had to be out for a few days due to the battle royal the mimic and purple were giving him. All is happy again, and he looks great. Also put in a couple cleaner wrasse, and they are really fun to watch. Plus they eat EVERYTHING. I thought they were supposed to be difficult, but they eat pellets, Nori, and all frozen foods I throw in. Yay!!

Beautiful copper band from a friend of mine that broke down his tank. I would like to cry..........I have NO MORE APTASIA!!!!! I can't even believe it. What a blessing. It also eats frozen very well.

Yeah I thought about the push to smaller fish at one time, but then I could not find many that I really liked at most LFSs. There's a huge disparity between small fish that I want (i.e. they look cool and aren't monsters) and super cool looking fish that I do want (that being price :D).

Back