High Tide Aquatics

Woohoo, tank upgrade!

More goodies showed up today!

6940e86791077423898a574cb770bddf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is rather amusing: All the fancy super high end equipment ... on an old used tank.
:)

Not saying it is a bad plan though.
Buying cheap crappy equipment is a really bad idea.
A good quality used tank can be just fine, and save a lot of money.

I tend to agree that two AP700's should be ok, unless you plan on deep SPS.
But hey - you have a PAR meter, so you can test it out right away with tap water if you want.

I'm buying all this with the assumption that I will upgrade to a larger custom tank in the near future. I'd rather buy all the gear once than buy cheap gear for a cheap tank, then have to sell off all of it once I upgrade.

Unless this becomes too big, then I can still sell off the gear n the tank and go smaller.

That's the plan anyway.

More of the puzzle falling into place.

bc36d2490684aa95d22386541f49ed2c.jpg

Took advantage of the BRS group buy. Vertex RX-C 6D calcium reactor.

e91ab73674841b21611c659f5b7d8b64.jpg

Finnex 800w Ti heater tubes x2

All I'm missing now is the sump, which comes in next Wed or Thurs.

And the stand.

Though I need an electrician to come out in 2 more 20a outlets for me 1st.

Tank is, unfortunately, in the garage so I want to make sure I have enough + redundancy. I will stagger the turn on/off points so that 1 is main and 1 is back up.

Thanks but sump is already ordered and it being made right now.

Wow, dual 800W heaters.

Reminder: When both are on, that is 14 amps.
Assuming some other equipment, that is pretty tight on a 20A breaker, and too much for a 15A breaker.
It may overload a controller as well. Most have 15A max total.

I think buying a used tank is a great idea. Tanks haven't changed much in the last 10 years and one that was built well and taken care of should be fine at a bargain price.

If we weren't in such a hurry to get our tank up on day 1 here I would have looked for a used tank. I'll probably take my time shopping for a nice used tank when we get home to Boston while we try to find a house.

I think buying a used tank is a great idea. Tanks haven't changed much in the last 10 years and one that was built well and taken care of should be fine at a bargain price.

If we weren't in such a hurry to get our tank up on day 1 here I would have looked for a used tank. I'll probably take my time shopping for a nice used tank when we get home to Boston while we try to find a house.

Its too bad the timing didn't work out better. Would have loved to transplant some of your beautiful colonies into the new tank. Was going to pick up some pieces from you but I'll be moving tanks (twice) and didn't want to risk loosing beautiful big colonies like that. Good luck with the move!

Back