got ethical husbandry?

BillT's 20 gallon

Me too. I'm stuck with a 40-gallon acrylic tank until I move and guess what I just got super glue on my acrylic tank......this is going to be hard to remove. Acrylic tanks = the worst.

So, I have cycled!!!! Did about a 90% water change this evening to get the nitrates under control and then added more ammonia...getting excited!!!

Meet my new friends!
914d5d1fa2bf701b0841969d2012fc3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I've never been a fan of the designer clowns. the only ones I like are the black and white ones. That's just my personal preference though.

I always thought those kinds looked like little cows swimming around.

I am happy for you though. I understand that they are special.

Does the designer clown have any health issue? In freshwater, designer crystal shrimp are generally weaker than the wild counterpart due to generations of inbreeding. Same goes for designer betta.

Does the designer clown have any health issue? In freshwater, designer crystal shrimp are generally weaker than the wild counterpart due to generations of inbreeding. Same goes for designer betta.

Not so much health issues but more undesirables physical features. Most noticeable is a flat head or shorter dorsal fins etc. So while the markings are cool, the fish looks slightly different from wild caught and many clownfish enthusiasts really pay attention to those traits. A high dollar designer clownfish (if from a reputable responsible breeder) will have the cool designer colors but will look like a typical wild caught clownfish shape wise. That is why many will ask for lineage if buying a known breeder/designer look. Eg Rod's Infrared have a traceable lineage as well as Doni's Bali Picassos.

Back