got ethical husbandry?

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

You have to feed dendro's, right?? @Vhuang168 , Vincent, your tank, corals, and pictures are AMAZING! I am literally drooling - those chalices are gorgeous. I hope everything does well! There will be a fight for space once those acro's start growing!!!

Dendros are nps but I have them in a relatively high flow area and they do manage to feed themselves pretty well. I do spot feed once or twice a week. Usually when I'm feeding corals and anemones.

This is just an interim tank. Everything will go into the DSA190 and should have room to grow.

When do you expect the big tank to have stock in the big tank?

I'm projecting water to be added to the tank in 2-3 weeks. I probably won't have livestock in the tank till July. While the live rocks are curing in a 55g drum right now, I have a 2 week overseas trip coming up and I don't want to leave a brand new tank unattended for that long.

Will be in Phuket for a few days, gonna see it I can squeeze in a dive or 2!

Looking good. When do you expect the big tank be set up and put first stock in?

[edit] this is a double post - my son hammered the keyboard as I was typing and I thought we deleted the previous question....

Wow -- is this the tank my live rock donation is going to be in? I figure that may be as close as I'll ever get to some of those chalices.

Put me on the list! :)

Lol, then you better hone your chalice keeping skills! These babies are not going to be just handed out to anybody! + I will make it a condition that they can NEVER be sold. I want these to go to someone who will put them in their tank and enjoy them rather than someone looking for a freebie to potentially profit enormously from.

I'm honing. And I'm always more likely to give things away than to sell. It's a hobby -- not a business for me. And that holds doubly true for DBTC. Just not my style.

Progress!

1d4fd6de0e64fb62aae1495a3b3d4b70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snail, hermits, fish, chunks of macro algae. The sump is never clean of stuff!

Had 2 snails decide to have some alone time in the overflow box. Apparently they got too excited n ended up in the sump, crawled out the sock n made it into the intake of my skimmer.

I do keep snails n hermits in the sump as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back