High Tide Aquatics

Light Recommendation

Yeah, I hear that the AP700 clusters are only 10" apart. Could be a lot of shadows.

My suggestion would be to put a LED strip light along the entire front, to eliminate ALL the shadows.
Perhaps Ecoxotic E-120?

Also be aware that Kessil just released diffusers that will push the light coverage even more. There will be a 15-20% light reduction but your tank is shallow and you won't even begin to get to the full power output of the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also be aware that Kessil just released diffusers that will push the light coverage even more. There will be a 15-20% light reduction but your tank is shallow and you won't even begin to get to the full power output of the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got my new light today :)
Haven't started programming yet, just using on/off right now.

Attachments

• 20160512_202023.jpg
    20160512_202023.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 242
My rock anemones have alredy open up at least a 1/3 bigger than normal since I turned the light non a couple hours ago. BTW - I went with the le Russo mounts :)

They do make a center mount, but the center mount has to be mounted to the back of the stand. There wasn't a rimless option for the center mount.

Or I could redo my rock work :/ but thats not much fun, lol..
There are some corals I was thinking about selling anyhow, so That might be what I end up doing. If I did put something at the ends, do you thing Kessil 160's would be enough or would I need the 360's?

Hard to say:
The 160 would be borderline, but probably ok if you just keep softies at the end.
Two 360's is the same cost as another AP700, so I would think you would just go with the latter.

Opinion;
Two 160's + some LED strip lights along the front might be best.
Strip lights compensate for the smaller 160s.
And it looks like you have some big shadows in the lower-front as well.

Back