Neptune Aquatics

how did you decide on your username

mine is a term commonly used in the neighborhood that I grew up in. Often referring to somebody "new" at anything. (a rookie) could be baseball, soccer, ice skating, knitting, or I'm my case.. Reefing. I've been using the same screen name on the boards for over a decade. & NO my first name is not "Jack"
But your no longer a newbie....LOL

I started using "bondolo" on computer BBS systems in the early 1980s. I've tried to use it consistently everywhere since. I will even sign up for services I have no immediate plans to use in order to secure this username. The name comes from an old Canadian sketch comedy group, Dr. Bundolo's Pandemonium Medicine Show. The show was never consistent about whether it was "Bundolo/"Bondolo". I also chose to use a lower case "b".

Last edited:
I started using "bondolo" on computer BBS systems in the early 1980s. I've tried to use it consistently everywhere since. I will even sign up for services I have no immediate plans to use in order to secure this username. The name comes from an old Canadian sketch comedy group, Dr. Bundolo's Pandemonium Medicine Show. The show was never consistent about whether it was "Bundolo/"Bondolo". I also chose to use a lower case "b".
No wonder that username is always taken.

I grew up in a cult.

I am not religious.

I chose this name to announce that I don't mind being on my own without the church. I try to use it wherever I can but it's usually taken.

Back in the day, visitors had to shower to remove most/all traces of body lotion in order to go into the water; I'm taking of over 30 years ago; not surprised if it has become something more "commercial" but I bet it's the same place; maybe one day...

Back in the day, visitors had to shower to remove most/all traces of body lotion in order to go into the water; I'm taking of over 30 years ago; not surprised if it has become something more "commercial" but I bet it's the same place; maybe one day...
Sounds like one giant sunburn.

Mine is a combo between my name Gabe and my wife's last name Gholami.

Rooster, if I went your way I would be called sheepmed. Not nearly as cool as roostertech.

Time to bring back an old, fun thread! I was at neptunes about to check out, when someone told me that i get a discount if i am a bar member. I thought "sweet, i can save a few bucks for free, why not?" So i was trying to think of a name, looked around and saw all of the fish/coral around, and just somehow thought of the name fish boss and finalized my account before checking out. After i actually started surfing this site, i realized how knowledgable everyone was, and realized i should have made my username reef noob! Oh well lol

Needed a nickname when I first started multiplayer gaming on our coax dorm network, Warcraft and Warcraft 2. I really liked yellow, wore lots of yellow shirts. Not much rhymed with yellow. I really liked eating jello in the cafeteria. Thus, yellojello. Although I enjoyed red jello more than yellow.

My son signed me up. I am normally Daddio on other forums. I would change this one to Daddio if I could figure out how??????????? Is it possible?

Back