Kessil

RO waste water

For those of you that actually use your RO waste water, what do you use it for, and logistically how do you capture it? Do you simply have it draining in a bucket?

I had given some thought to creating some kind of drip irrigation system for the garden but wanted to see if someone had already done this.

I have mine down a drain at the moment :oops: until I drill a hole through the foundation stem wall. At that point it will go to a 55g rain collector that I have a 120v pump on the rain collecot so we can manually water the yard without using water from the city.

RO waste water is basically better than Brita filter, but you can't hook it up to an under tank storage because of the back pressure. As such if you do drip irrigation with it do not have any drip ends that restrict flow since the pressure is supposed to fixed for your capacity.

Me I just have a really long hose that goes to a fruit tree in the back, every now and then I switch trees.

Run mine out to a long drip line and move around the garden.
100' 1/4" solid line with a 25' drip line. - then I have a 1/3 acre urban farm
Move it around, don't want add to only one spot as salts may build up.
I also fill my jugs outside, incase i forget to move it, made 25 gallons yesterday.

Right now I have the unit under my sink and it used one of those self piercing fittings to drain into the drain pipe of the sink. Is there a way to plug that up so that I can remove the RO drain line with out the sink drain line leaking?

Right now I have the unit under my sink and it used one of those self piercing fittings to drain into the drain pipe of the sink. Is there a way to plug that up so that I can remove the RO drain line with out the sink drain line leaking?

It's probably easier to replace the part. They are available at any home center in the plumbing department.

Or don't remove it, just put a tiny valve on it right near the fitting, and cut the rest off.

It's probably easier to replace the part. They are available at any home center in the plumbing department.
Easier said than done. It's like an 1-1/2" steel drain pipe that goes directly into the wall.

Or don't remove it, just put a tiny valve on it right near the fitting, and cut the rest off.
Not a bad idea. It's just a band aid but the plan is to remodel the kitchen within the next year. I'll replace the pipe at that point.

Back