Our mission

Well that just about sucked as bad as it could (profanity laden post)

I had aiptasia eating peppermint shrimps for a short while but they didn't last, I started doing what Mark recommends, just nuke the ones too close to corals and let the rest be lol

Melev did some testing of it. Seems alright.

If you put an aiptasia into a blender and pour the remnants into your tank you will have a baby aiptasia farm. If you take a razor blade to it and cut it into 10 pizza slices, youll probably have 10 aiptasia.

If the laser doesnt zap every last bit of the aiptasia, it will grow into several baby aiptasia.

If you put an aiptasia into a blender and pour the remnants into your tank you will have a baby aiptasia farm. If you take a razor blade to it and cut it into 10 pizza slices, youll probably have 10 aiptasia.

If the laser doesnt zap every last bit of the aiptasia, it will grow into several baby aiptasia.
Aiptasia smoothies...yum.

I have 1 aptasia in my tank and so far it's stayed the 1. (I'm banging on every single piece of wood within reach as I type this). I was tempted to try and get rid of it but decided to leave it be. It's right next to a plot of zoas and they don't seem to mind so I'm leaving it as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How new was the new water?
Water was a old to young, I put in 5g or so that I mixed up a month earlier (who knows what crap fell in it though), then added more freshwater, the salt to the tank mixed it for 6 hours see what the sg is, add more salt, check, more salt, once I got to 1.026 I let it run a full day, check again, still the same so moved everything over.

And yeah aiptasia are a bitch, I've used everything, and I'm convinced nothing truly works except to possible wind back the clock on them, aiptasia X, joes juice, rock sitting out in the sun for 2 years... My new plan is to bleach all the rock, then use muriatic acid, and if they still come back, well fuck it, it's part of the ecosystem for good... the real worry is the ones that are growing on the acrylic, I mean what happens if I buff that out, spread 1000s of mini-aiptasia pieces over the glass only to have them grow back into a forest? :D

Tried a couple of coppers over the years they never worked out, too picky of eaters and end ip starving. upside with no fleshy lps I can think about dwarf angels again.

Back