Our mission

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

Just reg int/ext primer. Some kind of hybrid primer, water/oil based but water clean up.

Using int paint. Behr ultra premium something or other. Got the sample jars just to try out the sheen. If I like it, I probably just need another jar to complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very full sps rocks!

de2df995211a220ddd02a62f91c830f3.jpg

59a65a12b874fe946f1279804605c8e4.jpg

And I have a few more coming in next Thursday!

Guess I better get off my butt and finish the 190 asap!

Picked up a 1/3hp JBJ Arctica chiller for the days the fans can't keep up with the heat. There have been a few days this year.

Getting ready to put the tank on the stand!

Put the sump in and starting to mock up plumbing n wiring routes.

Found out I don't really have room for another pump to run the chiller and any reactors.

I don't want to tee off the return since I'll be running a Bean Animal return. So every time I start or stop a reactor I would have to retune the return/drain.

So I'm toying with the idea of drilling the sump for an external pump. Just scary drilling into a nice sump.

Hmm good point on the retuning drain. I was thinking about doing manifold off my return pump to run reactors. But the chain reaction of any adjustment to the drain would be a pain.

Picked up a 1/3hp JBJ Arctica chiller for the days the fans can't keep up with the heat. There have been a few days this year.

Getting ready to put the tank on the stand!

Put the sump in and starting to mock up plumbing n wiring routes.

Found out I don't really have room for another pump to run the chiller and any reactors.

I don't want to tee off the return since I'll be running a Bean Animal return. So every time I start or stop a reactor I would have to retune the return/drain.

So I'm toying with the idea of drilling the sump for an external pump. Just scary drilling into a nice sump.

If you're worried about cracking the sump while drilling it, I can drill it or route it for you. I am 100% confident that I will not crack it. Just bring it to Mountain View and let me know what size hole and where you want it located. PM me, if you are interested. Also, your progress looks great!! Like everyone else, I'm eager to see this tank setup. Pretty sure it's going to be awesome! =)

Cheers,
~Matt

Matt,

I might take you up on that! Once I figure out how I want to run the plumbing I'll pm you. Much appreciated!

Back