Jestersix

Red Sea Reefer 450 Build

Like @Vhuang168 said, I'd hold off on dosing anything just yet. In the beginning everything gets replenished with water changes because typically you don't have a lot of livestock in the tank that consumes the elements. Plus, if you do set up an automatic water change system, it will continually be replenishing those elements and cleaning the water at the same time.

Excellent and I appreciate everyone's replies. I kinda felt the same way on waiting and see how things go, its great to have you all as a support system as we move forward with the tank. We pretty much shut down my 30 gallon tank today, except the snails as my lid has not shown up yet. Everything is moved over. Everyone seems happy so far!

Once again I appreciate everyone's incite.

Well spoke with Kessil and they recommended using the Andriod app.. seems to be 100% more consistent then the Apple app..

everyone is moving in nicely

13914077_10208299191331072_4243320973411362231_o.jpg

Impossible. A case where something doesn't work on an iOS device but does on a droid. Blasphemy.

Absolutely!
Well, so much for me buying any Kessil products, ever.
Not like I am biased.... :p

But I do get it, it is all on which app you debug first.

Hello BAR,
I recently have become addicted to the life/hobby and have upgraded to the 450. Still learning a lot and picking up coral/live stock along the way but figured I would get a thread going and share the progression of my 450.

The parts I have so far are as follows:

- Red Sea reefer 450 (black)
- Vectra M1 return pump
- Nyos Quantum 120
- MP40wQD
- Reef Rock 2.1
- BRS Dual Reactor
- Kessil AP700
- Tunze ATO
- Apex System Controller (new wifi one)

So this is my 1st shot at aquascaping and it took some time, just like most things, you like some parts and you question others so please let me know what you all think :)

20160710_163849_zpscfsa3gyd.jpg

I will try and keep it updated as I progress!

I so have tank envy

Back