Neptune Aquatics

A thank you and a shout-out.

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
A well-deserved thank you to everyone involved in the planning and running of the swap today. It was extremely efficient, well-run and simply a lot of fun.

I also wanted to give a shout out to a member whose labels AND packaging went above and beyond the call of duty! Frags from DLDDesign were each double "containered" and then sealed in a zip bag. The innermost container was modified to hold a frag plug and keep the coral from moving around. It was inside another sealed container which was inside the bag.

Then a laminated, printed card was affixed to the bag with every parameter you'd want AND a picture of the coral! It made picking so much easier!
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG

Last edited:
yes I saw it. I was sitting next to Bruce and saw it when he returned to his seat. Great job DLHdesign! keep up the good work and happy fragging

I grabbed some nice zoas.

Candy Apple Orange!!!

Gonzo Golden Dragon Mushroom!!!

Some other things from both coral vendors, including a grafted monti :D

image.jpeg

Really loving this mushroom rock for my tank thanks to @jestersix

Probably gonna put a bunch of nice stuff on the shrooms. Pipe organs, cyphastrea, zoa, chalice :D

I think I saw those Gonzo Golden Dragon mushrooms when I had my super late pick, but I have no idea what it was (now I gotta google). But saw the word Musgroom and had to pass as I envisioned a tank full of them as they grow out of control :)

Awesome swap, everyone! So many nice people in reefkeeping. This time around I mostly benefitted from the swap but I am looking forward to having some great corals to contribute in the future.

Awesome swap! Thanks to everyone that helped put this together.

Got some nice sticks, did miss out on 1 that I had my eye out for. You'd think with 8 bonus coral tickets I would have been able to grab all I wanted but 3 mins is really short to pick 7.

I'm a little disappointed none of my Flaming Bugatti frags stayed in the club. I think both ended up in NVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some nice sticks, did miss out on 1 that I had my eye out for. You'd think with 8 bonus coral tickets I would have been able to grab all I wanted but 3 mins is really short to pick 7.

I'm a little disappointed none of my Flaming Bugatti frags stayed in the club. I think both ended up in NVR.

The best solution to this problem that I can think of is to give me a frag next time you've got one. ;)

Haha oh well theres always next year. Your donation generated a lot of money towards the raffle!

Can you make one a feedback thread for me and encourage others to give feedback

I already plan on makig the following changes.
Bonus round will be 3 minutes instead of 4 minutes
Birdsnest = banned coral

Was their an abundance of Birdsnest... again? Any particular type? Ponape? Pink? ORA whatever they call it? I didn't even look at any of the stony coral tables.

I'll toss this here instead of the comment section, but instead of outright bans, maybe increase the minimum size. Like if you want to donate birds nest it MUST be atleast a 3" mini colony that is all in one piece.

Eeek, don't ban the birdsnest corals! I'm glad I got some Ponape because someone else sniped the Bird of Paradise right before me. I agree they should be minicolonies, because a freshly fragged 1cm nugget is just going to get tissue necrosis (saw it on the second Ponape frag).

Point is, brown birdsnest I don't care for, but the other vibrant colors are perfectly acceptable and should remain available (including green). I'm using mine to test the waters of my established system for SPS, as well as a test coral to check compatibility with Angelfish.

Eeek, don't ban the birdsnest corals! I'm glad I got some Ponape because someone else sniped the Bird of Paradise right before me. I agree they should be minicolonies, because a freshly fragged 1cm nugget is just going to get tissue necrosis (saw it on the second Ponape frag).

Point is, brown birdsnest I don't care for, but the other vibrant colors are perfectly acceptable and should remain available (including green). I'm using mine to test the waters of my established system for SPS, as well as a test coral to check compatibility with Angelfish.
All the better to join the BoD so you can make some change (or keep things the way they are)

:D

Back