Reef nutrition

Want to get some corals

Hello, 75g marineland tank with big sump and Simplicity 240 skimmer. Tanks been up a month. I have two damsels, two clowns, a fox face, a flame angel, and a watchman goby. Two hermits, a turbo snail and three other small snails. My refuge is stocked with rubble and sand but no chaeto. I would like to begin to add some colorful corals. What are your recommendations as to types that are hearty, and also how to feed them, if at all.

Lastly, what type of lighting would be optimal in the $300 range?

Thanks in advance and go Giants

Well, here's one hell of a cheap solution; I'm working on a Tek light fixture, cleaning the connectors and making sure ballasts are working properly; is not the best looking fixture nor the ugliest. Eight bulb T5 lamps, 54w each; plenty of power.
Pro, you can have it, give it a try, if you like it keep it.
Cons, is an eight bulb fixture, don't know if it will fit on top of the tank front to back... and have no bulbs to spare but check around the club, I'm sure some guys may have some you could have, different color lamps so you can play with them. Another con is, fixture is in SF.

*I also have a six-bulb Tek, same issue as ^ but not sure if I want to re-home it yet, still if this one works better for you, I can work on it to make sure all lamps work fine; they did few years back until my brother shut down the last tank then it was put away in the dusty basement environment.
LMK

I'd probably say build a led strip yourself from rapid led w the solder less leds. Cheap, quality light, not super beatiful looking fixture though.

Back