Our mission

[Oct 15, 2016] How to Frag Your Corals Workshop!

I will be offering you some free coral frags :)
Much appreciated, they'd actually be my very first! My tank will only be 5 weeks old next weekend so not sure I can provide the best home for them yet haha, let's talk at the shindig though. Happy to help out where I can either way, been wanting to talk reef tank stuff with actual people vs forums since I decided to go for one months ago and what better way than over a slice and a cold one!?

If someone wants to organize a pizza order ahead we can plan on pitching in money, club has spent more than we should've this year and won't be paying for food this time :(

Hoping I can make it and will want pizza if we go that route

I'll prep a cooler with ice for drink. BYOB. If I can squeeze time for a costco trip I'll get some pita chip and salsa as well.
I'm definitely going to costco next week so I can grab pita/ tortilla chips and some hummus/salsa for sure. If you have a favorite pizza place I could schedule a delivery either for before or after the demonstration, whichever is preferred by the demonstrators? Like I said I'll definitely cover a couple XL's, like a combo and a veggie or whatever people want. That might cover it if it's just the dozen or so people in this thread, or if there's a way to add a poll as a kind of rsvp that might help too.

Sorry to come in and start a mini-PPC right off that bat!

I'm definitely going to costco next week so I can grab pita/ tortilla chips and some hummus/salsa for sure. If you have a favorite pizza place I could schedule a delivery either for before or after the demonstration, whichever is preferred by the demonstrators? Like I said I'll definitely cover a couple XL's, like a combo and a veggie or whatever people want. That might cover it if it's just the dozen or so people in this thread, or if there's a way to add a poll as a kind of rsvp that might help too.

Sorry to come in and start a mini-PPC right off that bat!

Food makes this fun and casual! :D

The agenda for the BOD business meeting is attached. Please copy and have it on hand for the meeting.

Attachments

• Agenda 10-15-16.pdf
    108.1 KB · Views: 269
I am new to this hobby and I am excited to attend this event. Just became a supporting member. Looking forward to meeting other members that enjoy this hobby. Any coral for sale at this event? I need to add coral to my tank. It looks empty

Last edited:
I will be there and will bring Pork Buns from Chinatown! I hope a lot of folks that went to Dick's house (@F6553066 ) will come to this as that was a lot of fun. I missed the last frag swap so it would be nice to trade / give away frags at this event if anyone is interested or just to socialize even if you already know how to frag! As mentioned above, I will be bringing large pieces for Michael to frag but want to keep pieces of each....all have done very well in my tank and should do well in beginner tanks too.

I will be there. Embarrassing to miss it since I can almost walk there.
Probably some green toadstools in the fuge I can bring to give out or for fragging.

I unfortunately will not be able to make this event as I have plans, and just this week I had a 6"- 8" (Colony) Green Monti that separated from my rock.

I would like to see if any one can deliver the Monti colony to the Frag Workshop. This is if you want this to be one of the corals to Frag for the attendiees.

Here is the problem:
I live in Santa Cruz, and I know I am on the outer edge of our coverage, however I will be in Gilroy/Morgan Hill area after 12:00PM on Saturday 10/8 if any one can pick this up from me would be great. I understand it is short notice so it just might not happen. I also work in Morgan Hill if Saturday cant work.

I am leaving the house at 10:30AM on Saturday so please let me know before then if we can setup something.

The complete top portion is what broke off.
IMAG0714.jpg
IMAG0715.jpg

I unfortunately will not be able to make this event as I have plans, and just this week I had a 6"- 8" (Colony) Green Monti that separated from my rock.

I would like to see if any one can deliver the Monti colony to the Frag Workshop. This is if you want this to be one of the corals to Frag for the attendiees.

Here is the problem:
I live in Santa Cruz, and I know I am on the outer edge of our coverage, however I will be in Gilroy/Morgan Hill area after 12:00PM on Saturday 10/8 if any one can pick this up from me would be great. I understand it is short notice so it just might not happen. I also work in Morgan Hill if Saturday cant work.

I am leaving the house at 10:30AM on Saturday so please let me know before then if we can setup something.

The complete top portion is what broke off.
View attachment 5724 View attachment 5725

I will be driving back through Gilroy tomorrow afternoon on the way home from Monterey but couldn't say for sure what time, should be prior to 4pm I would think though. I have no experience keeping corals however, I could hand off to somebody in San Jose or up the 101 corridor though directly from there?

I'm in San Jose not far off of 101 but I'll be leaving for church at 3:30 so the handoff would have to be say 3:15 the latest so I could acclimate it a little before dumping it in. If someone else is more available don't hesitate to offer.

I believe @mray2660 is on vacation and he has all the club's supplies now. I will pick up some name tags and bring the few frag containers that I have. Can someone bring more containers so folks can bring frags home? Thanks!

Hi guys, I am also new to the sw hobby and just became a supporting member. I have a nano 20gal that has been running for 4 weeks. I will be attending the workshop, though I don't think I can take home any corals just yet, I'm eager to keep on learning about this addicting hobby!

Back