Cali Kid Corals

Tuxedo Urchin redecorating the tank

Our tuxedo urchin commonly carries around zoas, but tonight he decided to pick up an entire frag plug of zoas and carry them off.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.PNG
    IMG_2555.PNG
    558.5 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Students love the urchins in our classroom tank and see what they "wear" each day. Funniest have been 8" plant, upside down hermits and big capnella. Not so funny - green nephthea from last frag swap which was taken on a one-way journey somewhere behind or in the rockwork. I just wish they didn't scrape off all the coralline algae.

One of my tuxedo urchins has been carrying the same colony of radioactive green zoanthids for 3 years. It was a nightmare at first in my 28 gallon, it was constantly moving things around. It finally grabbed 5 radioactive green zoanthid polyps and was content with that. Now, the colony is so big you can barely see the tuxedo urchin underneath. I am sure it makes it feel more secure lol.

One of my tuxedo urchins has been carrying the same colony of radioactive green zoanthids for 3 years. It was a nightmare at first in my 28 gallon, it was constantly moving things around. It finally grabbed 5 radioactive green zoanthid polyps and was content with that. Now, the colony is so big you can barely see the tuxedo urchin underneath. I am sure it makes it feel more secure lol.
Zoa armor.

Pictures! Pictures!! :)

Back