Reef nutrition

Not clowning around! HELP

Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle and hoping someone can give me some advice or HELP!!

My family has been into tank life for about a year now, with a young child, he was all over getting clown fish and we got a pair of Ocellaris clowns and a pair of lighting clowns. I know has mixed results but ours all pretty much just stayed paired up and left the other pair alone. A month or so ago one of the lighting's moved on from this world. This upset the balance of life and now we have a war zone on our hands.

The Ocellaris pair are bullying the lighting and beating him up pretty good. We have been unable to catch any of them. I really am trying to avoid tearing my complete rock/tank down in hopes of giving us better odds of catching one of them.

Wife and I have talked about getting another clown in hopes of this new fish pairing up with the lighting, but we are fearful of making a bad situation worse.

Anyone have any insight on this? things to try? What clown breed would increase our odds in pairing with this lighting?

Any help would be grateful

Pretty sure there is a club fish trap? Not sure who has it. You can't trick them into coming to the top by feeding?
You can YouTube making a plastic bottle into a fish trap. It works

2 nd the water bottle fish trap. On clowns it works pretty good, they are dumb. I was trying to catch a wrasse with one, but must have caught my clowns over and over again.

Clowns are easy to catch. They wake up very slowly.

Sneak up to tank an hour past lights out, turn on a light in another room if there isn't enough light to see by then just net them out.

Caught all 3 of my clown that way when I moved tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.. I am gonna try the water bottle and see if I am any good at fishing :)

20161115_161242_zpsskapnkyv.jpg

Clowns are easy to catch. They wake up very slowly.

Sneak up to tank an hour past lights out, turn on a light in another room if there isn't enough light to see by then just net them out.

Caught all 3 of my clown that way when I moved tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well update.. he did not even pay attention to the bottle trap, but he does like his sleep and woke up to a net this morning. guess the old saying applies here "early owner catches the clown"!

thanks everyone.

on a side note. Anyone who offered help want a free ocellaris (orange) clown?

I can take him if you can't find a home for him.
If someone else wants it feel free to give it away.
If you are gonna drop him at the fish stores doorstep in the wee hours of the night, I'll take him before that happens.

Back