got ethical husbandry?

Someone go grab this!

It was designed as enclosed but I would have to remove the top anyways to get some leds since I don't want to run t5s

Funny, I think most folks that have been in the hobby for 5+ years would say that T5s, supplemented by LEDs is the way to go. Instead of removing the T5 setup, consider adding LEDs to the T5s. I forget what the RSM inners look like, so there may simply not be enough space =\

Funny, I think most folks that have been in the hobby for 5+ years would say that T5s, supplemented by LEDs is the way to go. Instead of removing the T5 setup, consider adding LEDs to the T5s. I forget what the RSM inners look like, so there may simply not be enough space =\
I thought about that but I don't want to buy 5 or 8 bulbs it adds up and they will need to be changed after a little while. And I've been reading heat can be an issue with the closed top

In terms of growth, electricity, and cost, yes, a LOT of people would agree.
But people in the hobby for a long time also get sick of all the general maintenance.
And nothing can beat the almost zero maintenance of pure LED.

But people in the hobby for a long time also get sick of all the general maintenance.
Couldn't agree more :)
AI + Kessil only here!

And the absolute kick in the nuts feeling when the next year or two your favorite brand releases an even better fixture than the one you got, with more features, and the same (or cheaper) price.

That said, there is a life span of usefulness on LEDs and the lack of maintenance could get you in trouble as you wonder why in 5-6 years things are not looking so great, but the lights still look just as bright to your eyes.

Well it's done and rimless now
367c9a32ea9cb75e9f05c8c6203215fb.jpg
6389995d560aea8b7d4c7818ae0ed25e.jpg
10be2d773737f8e7d2e56f9a4090d257.jpg
8ec97bf216c0f2827d9f17a28256339a.jpg

1.5 hours later some tugging 20 razors and hacksaw later tank looks amazing. And it has an awesome flat Polish bevel also

Back