Our mission

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Tank arrived, 771 lbs of it

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 12.26.59 PM.png

Any other week, and I would join in the fun. House full of relatives. Wife would be VERY unhappy if I left, and I need her in a good mood when I break the news about the lighting upgrade.:rolleyes:

You got your wife new lights for Christmas?

Uhhh, not quite as dumb as I may look. Not a Christmas present. Need to break the news after Christmas that I need to increase the lighting on the 190g.

Currently running two Kessil 360W. It's about half the light I actually need.

Uhhh, not quite as dumb as I may look. Not a Christmas present. Need to break the news after Christmas that I need to increase the lighting on the 190g.

Currently running two Kessil 360W. It's about half the light I actually need.
I imagine you've seen the 3 ap700s on @Vhuang168 's tank. It's the same size as yours.

I only have 2 on it right now. I'll move the other from the 40b when it's empty of sps coral and put A360s over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been considering moving the two 360W units towards the outside edges and placing an AP700 in the center. One challenge is a center brace on the 190 tank, the other is the cost. Trying to consider all the alternatives...

Probably won't have time to unbox and build the stand till the weekend. I'll have people over to help me get the tank mounted on Tues.
Wow, nice big new box, you know the shiny that is inside it, man it would take a will power that I don't have to at least start to set it up... at the very least the stand, just a little bit of the stand... :D

So does it go together easy like Ikea furniture, or is definitely something that's easy to screw up?

Wow, nice big new box, you know the shiny that is inside it, man it would take a will power that I don't have to at least start to set it up... at the very least the stand, just a little bit of the stand... :D

So does it go together easy like Ikea furniture, or is definitely something that's easy to screw up?
I looked at the manual. Pretty much Ikea like. I have to finish my RODI, mixing station anyway. We are unboxing Monday morning if you want to join :)

Back