Kessil

Elegance Coral

Who keeps elegance coral? What is your experience with them? Are you able to keep them alive. Let's see pics of them.

Here is mine I've had it for about to weeks. Sometimes he's huge other times not so much. Today I was gluing a frag and his tentacle got stuck to my hand and I accidentally tore the bubble off. I hope it will be fine.

ca232eda5a36292d70e60d09aa8c2f82.jpg

I have never had one personally, definitely on my wish list :), but a friend has one and his changes size as well, somewhat randomly. So that seems to be fairly normal. As for the torn tentacle, I am sure it will be fine, similar thing has happened to my euphyllias and they actually heal fairly quick. Congrats on a great looking piece!

very challenging coral...for me anyway. i probably wont buy one again after failing a couple times. My understanding is that they need to be fed every day and that is difficult for me to manage.

I have the tyree elegrance that grown too big in my tank. I fragged and sold a bunch. A lot of people in the bay area should have some growing. I still have a nice size one but not going to frag it again for another year or so. Here is a picture of it before I frag it. I never feed it either.

From my readings (Sprung & Delbeek), corals like Elegance and Goniopora are in survival mode in a typical aquarium, unless they are being target fed. Robert at Neptune steered me to Reef Roids, and my Goniopora has been very happy.

From my readings (Sprung & Delbeek), corals like Elegance and Goniopora are in survival mode in a typical aquarium, unless they are being target fed. Robert at Neptune steered me to Reef Roids, and my Goniopora has been very happy.

I also use ReefRoids for my goniopora (I have 5 in my tank), but I've also found they respond incredibly well to Reef Nutrition Phyto.

Well maybe they don't need to be fed every day? I am surprised you guys are having such great results with no feeding at all.

That makes me want to buy another and try again.

I've heard from others what @tankguy mentioned, that there are certain areas that they are harvested from that tend to be more resilient than others. I don't have any firsthand experience with them though.

I have the tyree elegrance that grown too big in my tank. I fragged and sold a bunch. A lot of people in the bay area should have some growing. I still have a nice size one but not going to frag it again for another year or so. Here is a picture of it before I frag it. I never feed it either.

Man that thing is awesome!!!

They are hit or miss. Tried a few but got a hearty one, which is over 4 years old. And the only one to survive my tank crash! They grow super slow though. The ones that feed, do you find pretty fast growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also got mine from @boun11. I only fed it a couple of times when I first got it...now I don't feed at all and it does seem to be growing. I have mine at the bottom of my tank with low flow and lower light.

Back