Our mission

Rock structure building

Coral reefer

Past President
we will be getting together at phuong (roostertech's) house again, this time to try our hand at rock structure building jester6 style! Planning on having a large bag of emaco that we can all share and the acryl additive as well. Smart to bring card board or tarp to work on. Maybe a folding table. Oh yeah, and rocks!
I like what I've gotten from Marco rocks in the past. I recall it being about $100 for a 50 pound box. Dry rock.
Let's get together sat jan 28th at 12 noon and bring your own lunch and beverages and or some cash to order pizza or something if that's what we want to do. I believe it takes 20 minutes to cure once you are finished building so however long that takes is what you should plan on. I may have some extra dead rock if anybody wants to buy some.
Thanks @roostertech for hosting again!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 3,119
Last edited:
I plan to stop by.
I have to build some a rock structure on the left of my tank, so I am looking for ideas.
But since I prefer epoxy over concrete, probably won't do any actual building.

So how many people will be making serious rock structure vs just playing with cement (what I plan to be doing)
I need a tank to know what structures I can build, I might try something simple on a small scale though, small swim through cave with gravity defying ledge. But, figuring out technique and how it all works is my goal.

@Julius Chen, everyone is welcome to join in, (hopefully, learn something new)
You can either send @roostertech a PM telling him you're planning on being there. Or just post here, that you plan on attending. Its really nothing written in stone. Just a common curtesy to let the host know how many people to expect.
It sounds like a lot of FUN. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this one.

Back