Our mission

How do you know your chaeto is doing its job!?!

By job I mean photosynthesis thus using up nutrients!?!

When you see this!

9dfb97810415af8fc896b6fce0f6f8a0.jpg

Bubbles!

This means it is photosynthesizing and creating O2!

How do you know your fuge light is enough!?!

When you see bubbles all the way at the bottom of the tangle!

Who needs to tumble the chaeto when you have a 300w fuge light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I don't get those bubbles, but my chaeto grows like crazy. Do those bubbles mean it is actually doing a better job? I have an daylight led and daylight CFL running opposite DT schedule, 300w fuge light worth it??

If it's growing then it's doing its job. But is it doing its job to its fullest potential?

I have trouble keeping nutrients in my 40b despite feeding 6 fish 4 cubes a day. I would say it can't get better than that!

If it's growing then it's doing its job. But is it doing its job to its fullest potential?

I have trouble keeping nutrients in my 40b despite feeding 6 fish 4 cubes a day. I would say it can't get better than that!

I have the same problems! I have massive bubbles as well all over my chaeto. ;) I have to over feed my 6 fish on purpose or my coral start paling. Pellets in the morning, cube of mysis or spirula brine in the late afternoon, and a mix of oyster feast/reef chili at night.

Another 300w adds to pge bills hehe cost and trade off. I converted my fuge section to matrix , siporax and Marine pure storage and use a 15watt led strip for chaeto reactor.

Another 300w adds to pge bills hehe cost and trade off. I converted my fuge section to matrix , siporax and Marine pure storage and use a 15watt led strip for chaeto reactor.

I get my growth with a ~20W 225-LED flat panel from eBay.

fuge_light_front_on.jpg

fuge_light_side_off.jpg

Pretty cool. Just out of curiosity, how's your alk level with that much oxygen production?
Back in my FW planted tank days, I had to add CO2 to get my plants to make bubbles like that.

So that actually is the creation of oxygen and not just trapping microbubbles on the surface?

I would lean on saying O2 production. My fuge light has been off for about an hour and a half and the bubbles are going away.

Pretty cool. Just out of curiosity, how's your alk level with that much oxygen production?
Back in my FW planted tank days, I had to add CO2 to get my plants to make bubbles like that.

I dose 2-part daily so I don't know what the effect of just the O2 by itself on alk.

Back