Cali Kid Corals

Elegance Coral

Here's mine from another reefer tank breakdown.

a3d6bd4bc2d21601d3ad4fdac6b84c4b.jpg

Here's my Tyree.

5673771abbcb1f5c22f35375b2419a2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was Patricb? Mine hasn't fully extended since Tuesday. It usually shrinks for a day or 2 once a week but now it's been 5 days starting to worry

So last weekend I added a gonipora that I just realized today developed brown jelly disease. I noticed my other goni closed up and my elegance wasn't as extended as shown in the pic above. I do not see any brown jelly on them but I wonder if this is related.? I did pull out the goni and discarded it. Sucks because it was nice. I added carbon to tank and dosed korallen lps again to the tank. I hope it pulls through but nothing is promised in this hobby.
1f408ef0378a9369ca63a912cf3c259f.jpg
goni with bjd

Last edited:
Well I keep noticing that skin is peeling off the elegance. I don't see any brown jelly but I'm going to say that if you happen to get brown jelly on something else then the elegance will get sick and die. Still haven't decided if I will try another one but nothing is ever certain. I'm guessing I might since they are like 40$ here. Mine has lasted a little over 2 months.

Sorry to hear that your elegance is going downhill. I've hard that the Aussies are better to keep than the Indo. Hope you have better luck with the second.

Sooooo I'm pretty sure my elegance has brown jelly disease. It has had stringy clear stuff on it for a few days, I thought it was just elegance puke, so I've been siphoning it off. I also have a torch that greatly recovered from black bugs, and it just went up in smoke last night, definitely brown jelly. Some of my meteor shower cyphastrea died off, not sure if that's just a coincidence, but I didn't see any brown jelly. I dipped my elegance when I first received it, so I don't know where the BJD came from. Did a good dip today, let's see how it looks in a few days

Sooooo I'm pretty sure my elegance has brown jelly disease. It has had stringy clear stuff on it for a few days, I thought it was just elegance puke, so I've been siphoning it off. I also have a torch that greatly recovered from black bugs, and it just went up in smoke last night, definitely brown jelly. Some of my meteor shower cyphastrea died off, not sure if that's just a coincidence, but I didn't see any brown jelly. I dipped my elegance when I first received it, so I don't know where the BJD came from. Did a good dip today, let's see how it looks in a few days

When mine was dying i couldn't tell if it was BJD or just rotting flesh. All I know was, mine went downhill fast (~5 days from first sign) and when I took it out to dip, it smelled like rotting ocean.

Is your elegance's flesh receeding at all up the skeleton? That was my first sign.

My elegance is still alive still has the flesh thing going on but still somewhat opens everyday and the flesh doesn't look receded from the skeleton. Weird

IME Elegance like really low light... REALLY low. I think a lot of the time people don't acclimate them enough and put them under too much light.

Back