got ethical husbandry?

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

And......

We have full circulation and filtration!

779b6439ab7c2228d9e5c43d7b2448b9.jpg

That fuge light is super bright! Loving it!

All the Red Dragon pumps are silent. As expected but it's a surprise when you actually don't hear it!

Skimmer is working great! Light tea colored skimmate right now but there isn't really anything to skim and it is still breaking in.

Missing 1 filter sock so sump is a little noisy but other than that it's perfect!

I did throw in a MarinePure block. Only because I already have it and why not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, the Sicce pump I have is by far the loudest thing in my sump right now. I'll try to switch it from the suction cup it is sitting on now to silicone pad to see if that improve.

What chamber did you put your MP block? I just threw my 8x8x4 in last night in the skimmer chamber as it would only fit into that one.

Hmm. Those red pipes look a bit orange with that lighting.
I think you should switch out all your plumbing with something more purple colored.
:p

One actual concern though:
How high does the water go in pump area when returns are shut off?
Not a lot of level difference to spare, and if water level in skimmer area rises, your skimmer will overflow quickly.

Nice, the Sicce pump I have is by far the loudest thing in my sump right now. I'll try to switch it from the suction cup it is sitting on now to silicone pad to see if that improve.

What chamber did you put your MP block? I just threw my 8x8x4 in last night in the skimmer chamber as it would only fit into that one.

Yeah, the synchra silent ain't so silent. It was the loudest part of my setup until I switch to the vectra m1. Only took a week for me to make the switch.

I put my marine pure in my skimmer chamber opposite of the skimmer output since I think that is the lowest flow area I have in my sump.

Yeah, the synchra silent ain't so silent. It was the loudest part of my setup until I switch to the vectra m1. Only took a week for me to make the switch.

I put my marine pure in my skimmer chamber opposite of the skimmer output since I think that is the lowest flow area I have in my sump.

I almost got the M1, but neptune keep on teasing the COR....

Top down shots of the 40b for prosperity.

863e428fa186b2a4a8517f03e597046d.jpg

024399b02ed1867858ed80f109cbb3c1.jpg

FTS of the 190.

fae12a4f2de92fb8fe0a3a89153358a8.jpg

Just at the tail end of the ugly phase. Had a bout of diatoms, then cyano and then Dino that looks to be dying down.

Anxiously waiting for some prettier forms of algae to start growing.

The microfauna I introduced from Aquanature farms is exploding in the tank. Pods cover the glass and my wrasses are happy crushing the rock hunting then down!

I dose phyto everyday.

I've been playing around with the position of the WAV powerheads but can't seem to find a position I like. I miss the broad flow the MPs provided and am seriously considering going with a pair of MP40s or MP60s. I may get another pair of WAVs and just run them much lower than the 70% max they are right now to see if I can get a wider flow pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been playing around with the position of the WAV powerheads but can't seem to find a position I like. I miss the broad flow the MPs provided and am seriously considering going with a pair of MP40s or MP60s. I may get another pair of WAVs and just run them much lower than the 70% max they are right now to see if I can get a wider flow pattern.

Have you try to bounce off the side wall? Mount it on back wall, 45 degree angle, bounce off the sides

You are welcome to some chaeto but it will come from the 40b and not the 190.

I'll wait for the 190 chaeto :p

Back