High Tide Aquatics

Other Hobbies

Bass fishing (local to Lake Merced) some fly fishing but very few days a year. I'd say restoring old bamboo rods but have not started at least one yet...

I figured there'd be several photographers around. I'm in that boat as well. I went the mirrorless route with an NEX-7. I love the image quality and it's small size.

I also would classify woodworking as a hobby of mine even though I do it for work. I still do my own projects that I enjoy.

Lastly I'm a second amendment supporter and enjoy going to the range. I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years and got out as a platoon sergeant for a weapons platoon. I always qualified as an expert for rifle qualification.

hmm....archery ( I teach at YMCA summer camp), riflery ( both rifle and pistol), softball, backpacking...but more car camping these days. used to collect comics...some collecting of toys...star wars, transformers, etc..... too many I guess

Skiing and snowboarding, surfing, bodybuilding, cycling, ice hockey, west coast swing dancing. That's a lot obviously, I tend to cycle through these in my level of participation. MMORPGs are kind of my TV, I played Everquest I and II, but the time investment in the end game is just too high for me (see above + girlfriend + working at a startup) so I dabbled with Aeon, Rift and Neverwinter, but the player surge came and went too quickly. I am currently working my way through Blade & Soul, really like it, the effort for advancement is just right to be fun for the amount of time I have.

Warhammer :)
Brings back some old fun memories from the 80's!
I started playing a bit again with my kid a few years back, but he lost interest due to video games.
Still have a couple of partially painted armies around. Dwarves and Undead.
Never played 40K. That seems like the thing now.

Work, then reefing take up my time. I enjoy sailing (though boat and husband's knees in need of work at the moment), camping, flyfishing newbie (more interested in checking out rivers up close than actually catching fish), used to love quilting and hiking.

Work, then reefing take up my time. I enjoy sailing (though boat and husband's knees in need of work at the moment), camping, flyfishing newbie (more interested in checking out rivers up close than actually catching fish), used to love quilting and hiking.

I think fishing is very different from catching, I enjoy fishing; maybe that's why I'm the only one in my family that likes fishing.

What is "a weapons platoon"? Is there a platoon without no weapon? Just curious...

@xcaret is correct. In a Marine Corps battalion there are 3 line platoons (essentially everyone caries an M-16) and one weapons platoon. A weapons platoon is made up of 3 sections. A machine gun section (M-240G), a mortar section (60mm), and an anti tank assault section (rockets and explosives).

Off topic but...

Does machine gun section and anti tank assault section suffer higher casualties than line section?

@xcaret is correct. In a Marine Corps battalion there are 3 line platoons (essentially everyone caries an M-16) and one weapons platoon. A weapons platoon is made up of 3 sections. A machine gun section (M-240G), a mortar section (60mm), and an anti tank assault section (rockets and explosives).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but...

Does machine gun section and anti tank assault section suffer higher casualties than line section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not entirely sure. The sections usually get parted out to help support the line platoons on their various missions. So my guess it would be fairly similar.

Skiing and snowboarding, surfing, bodybuilding, cycling, ice hockey, west coast swing dancing. That's a lot obviously, I tend to cycle through these in my level of participation. MMORPGs are kind of my TV, I played Everquest I and II, but the time investment in the end game is just too high for me (see above + girlfriend + working at a startup) so I dabbled with Aeon, Rift and Neverwinter, but the player surge came and went too quickly. I am currently working my way through Blade & Soul, really like it, the effort for advancement is just right to be fun for the amount of time I have.
No world of Warcraft?

Back