Jestersix

What are you bringing to the Members Only Swap

Last regional, we moved birdsnest to the free table because we had so much of it. It looks like there will be quite a bit this time too.

There was talk of putting birdsnest on the no swap list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last regional, we moved birdsnest to the free table because we had so much of it. It looks like there will be quite a bit this time too.
There was talk of putting birdsnest on the no swap list.

Lol may be I'll leave the birdnest home then. Does anyone actually WANT birdnest colony? Softball sized.

Is this green birdsnest? Birdsnest.JPG I was told it was but it does not look spiky like the pink one posted earlier.

I feel like birdsnest is not a terrible coral to have in the swap. Its not like the people bringing the birdsnest frags only brought birdsnest to get into the swap, and its not like they get bonus tickets or something for flooding the tables with this coral. In addition, I think there are always people willing to take frags of this coral home, especially if they are new to sps or even the hobby as a whole. Should we expect these frags to go in the early rounds? Of course not, but I have yet to go to a swap where corals are left over. Thats just my opinion :)

i used to think mine one is green monitipora digitata? It grows crazy .. like gsp

View attachment 6549

This one looks like the one that has been making the rounds at the regional where there was an entire table of it. It has the rounded tips.

The green birdsnest that I'm bringing is slightly different from that one having grown both. It's has pointed tips similar to the ponape, but with a different coloration. It's kind of like the ORA bird of paradise, but with tips like the Ponape instead (pointed instead of rounded even in dormancy).

Topdown pic.
bouns_birdsnest_topdown_022217.jpg

Sideshot
bouns_birdsnest_side_022217.jpg

Last edited:
Lol may be I'll leave the birdnest home then. Does anyone actually WANT birdnest colony? Softball sized.
No no! Bring some!

If for no other reason that kids like to pick it up as "their" frag.

Plus I want some. And am hoping my nitrate issues are mitigated by the time of the swap.

V

This one looks like the one that has been making the rounds at the regional where there was an entire table of it. It has the rounded tips.

The green birdsnest that I'm bringing is slightly different from that one having grown both. It's has pointed tips similar to the ponape, but with a different coloration. It's kind of like the ORA bird of paradise, but with tips like the Ponape instead (pointed instead of rounded even in dormancy).

Topdown pic.
bouns_birdsnest_topdown_022217.jpg

Sideshot
bouns_birdsnest_side_022217.jpg

That is seriatopra hystrix. The rounded tip version is probably seriatopra caliendrum.

Reactions: Ibn
That is seriatopra hystrix. The rounded tip version is probably seriatopra caliendrum.

Yes, most likely.

Dude Eric you're killing me with that Superman digi, talk about old school back in the day drool coral :D

Haha! It's a decent looking digi. It's this frag to be specific.
superman_digi_022217.jpg

Probably would do better in someone else's tank where the base will show up better than what I run my LEDs at. P.S. that's the Becker tort to the left of the frame there; another old school piece.

Damn pissed I'm missing this swap, that's a first round draft pick there! and yeah I remember the Becker tort, that thing grew like a weed in my tank, brought at least 4-5 pieces each swap, big pieces too not 1" nubs

Back