Reef nutrition

Frag tank question...

For those of you who have frag tanks, your opinion on a 48x48x14 frag tank is much appreciated.
There's a project I'm not-directly involved (or so I want to say)
Some of you may have read the thread I've posted about a stand that can come apart to fit through two doors.
So far the tank involved in that project has a serious flaw; a chip at the very bottom, as you face the tank, lower vertical left glass pane at the back. The seam is very thin, IMO barely holding on and might be too risky to leave it the way it is. Solution is to buy a new piece of glass 36.5x24 low-iron AKA Starfire polished edges since the whole tank (minus the back) is low iron and polished edges. I've suggested if that's the case, to take the whole tank apart and re-do all the seams (I've also suggested black silicone)

Now back to this thread... There's another tank, a "show" frag tank; humongous 48x48, black silicone; BTW is it silicon or silicone? This one I might just grab for myself (and use it as a bed for my cat or to raise quails since they are pricey meat) And yes, I would need help moving it...
Lighting would not be a major issue since all rock-work would be concentrated in the middle so a single 250W MH with either a mini or large Lumenarc should take care of that; hey, I think I have enough MH bulbs for the next 15 years !!

CAM01531.jpg

CAM01533.jpg

FYI

stand is 24x24x30.
Steel, sanded and painted black. Made from hollow square steel and welded by an auto body shop. Not powder coated. Excellent+ condition. Have a buyer for it? Or a tank for me to put on top of it? :)

FYI

stand is 24x24x30.
Steel, sanded and painted black. Made from hollow square steel and welded by an auto body shop. Not powder coated. Excellent+ condition. Have a buyer for it? Or a tank for me to put on top of it? :)

A tank for it?... I have a tank and a stand, how about that? Tank 24x24. Stand can take a 50G (20" high)... Unfinished project
CAM01534.jpg

opinion on the frag tank, for a 48x48 x14 tank how think could the glass be? is it rimless? (only reason it would need to be any thicker than 3/8") I'd do standard float glass to save some money (and headaches getting it), and be done with it. I do have to ask though, why would you buy a 36.5" x 24" to replace any panel on that tank?

opinion on the frag tank, for a 48x48 x14 tank how think could the glass be? is it rimless? (only reason it would need to be any thicker than 3/8") I'd do standard float glass to save some money (and headaches getting it), and be done with it. I do have to ask though, why would you buy a 36.5" x 24" to replace any panel on that tank?

That piece of glass would be for the 36x36 cube; the one with the chip but seems is not going to happen. I still have to price the glass locally plus all the silicone that has to be purchased to put the tank together.

The frag tank is eurobraced, regular glass 3/8"; Leemar.

Anyone has some glass suction cups I could borrow? I could also use some help; tank is in SF, local move to a cluttered basement yet again.

Thanks I'll take the offers; still have to figure a date to get the tank. Will get back to you guys on logistics for the cups and I appreciate the glass piece.

Back