Our mission

Remember to inspect, dip and qt your new frags!

Maybe we should have a fragging demo/workshop and show how to prepare frags for a swap and how to acclimate and prep them for your tank when you get home.

Or write up an official club procedure.

And speaking of official... maybe specify an official container for swaps. Like Amat and final ?? oz deli containers.

Bringing a container of Bayer insecticide to a swap and showing people what the container looks like so they can go from the swap to Home Depot before going home?

V

Good idea. It's easy for some of us to assume that we all know how to look for pests, Bayer dip, QT, etc.

Overall, I thought it was a great event and was happy with what I came home with. Thanks to all the organizers.

Maybe we should have a fragging demo/workshop and show how to prepare frags for a swap and how to acclimate and prep them for your tank when you get home.

Or write up an official club procedure.

And speaking of official... maybe specify an official container for swaps. Like Amat and final ?? oz deli containers.

Bringing a container of Bayer insecticide to a swap and showing people what the container looks like so they can go from the swap to Home Depot before going home?

V
We have had fragging events pretty much every year for several in a row now...

If anybody wants to take it upon themselves to get a bunch if Bauer or whatever else, and put it into little bottles with directions so we can give them out at the regional swap or next years members swap it sounds like it would be appreciated!

IMG_5449.PNG

What specific bayers dip is the one to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85d9ca357ef089cc014a1926529b3f43.jpg

Everyones process is slightly different, but this is what I do.

I first drip/temp acclimate. Then I use 10-12ml of Bayer for every 8oz of fresh tank water. Soak for 7-10 min. Then I soak in fresh tank water for 7-10 min. And then I do one more soak in new tank water for 7-10 again. Gotta make sure to get off that Bayer before it goes into DT.

They say it needs to be exactly that bottle, not something close to it.

Use gloves and be careful using in the kitchen or somewhere where food is prepared.

Last edited:
It should still be on the market. I need to pick up another bottle next time that I'm at the hardware store. It'll be my 3rd bottle since starting the tank.

As for the dipping, I use it exclusively with all new additions, regardless of which tank it came from. 4 sets of cups used. One for the frag with the original water, with the Bayer and a couple drops of Flatworm Exit, and the other three are tank water used for getting as much of the gunk off the frags. I use a set of 2.5x magnifier to inspect all frags for eggs, nuisance algae, and whatever might be on them. A generous scrubbing, in the second cup, with a brush completes the process as the other 2 remaining cups are for rinsing and swishing.

Last edited:
Yea, use that specific 2-way formula Bayer that was posted. There is a 3-way and others which not to use. My Home Depot didn't have it, but Lowes did. YMMV

Yea, use that specific 2-way formula Bayer that was posted. There is a 3-way and others which not to use. My Home Depot didn't have it, but Lowes did. YMMV

I saw some at the Home Depot on Thorton right off of 880 about a month ago.

And I forgot to mention...I make every attempt throw away every foreign frag plug or rock, no matter how encrusted that frag is. I think I only have half of one plug in my tank because it was epoxied on and I couldn't get it off without really damaging the frag. It's said most of the eggs/cysts are at the base of frag or on the plug.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I brought the scraps if it was an acro and two montis. Those are just run of the mill red planaria. Apologies if they are considered detrimental, I just ignore them.

I'll write a warning on my frags next time.

Tank doesn't have any aefw or red bugs afaik.

Hmm.

I brought the scraps if it was an acro and two montis. Those are just run of the mill red planaria. Apologies if they are considered detrimental, I just ignore them.

I'll write a warning on my frags next time.

Tank doesn't have any aefw or red bugs afaik.

No sweat. I've had them in my 58g before years ago ... they overran the tank. I used "flatworm exit" to genocide them.

My daughter picked up the "Scraps" and she basically named the monti "Scraps" and the other monti "Scraps' friends". LOL!

V

Back