Neptune Aquatics

Free ruby headed fairy wrasse

I have a ~3.5-4in ruby headed fairy wrasse who is in great health. Just completing TTM. I'm not keeping him because I just got a sebae nem and want to add some clarkiis too and am concerned that my tank is getting overstocked.

http://m.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+3482&pcatid=3482

I also have 2 heads of a toxic green frogspawn that have broke off and would like to give away.

Must take both together, and must be available to pickup this weekend (Friday-Sunday). Location Palo Alto. To supporting members.

60fe41c022c1fbfb11ac9163f1f53291.jpg

8fd7a848bdfb709d170ab3b7efde797a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ~3.5-4in ruby headed fairy wrasse who is in great health. Just completing TTM. I'm not keeping him because I just got a sebae nem and want to add some clarkiis too and am concerned that my tank is getting overstocked.

http://m.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+3482&pcatid=3482

I also have 2 heads of a toxic green frogspawn that have broke off and would like to give away.

Must take both together, and must be available to pickup this weekend (Friday-Sunday). Location Palo Alto. To supporting members.

60fe41c022c1fbfb11ac9163f1f53291.jpg

8fd7a848bdfb709d170ab3b7efde797a.jpg

I'm interested.

Pix of the H.malu? Its a sand dweller so don't put it on the rocks. It will just move down till it hits sand. Did you buy it from AC?

Clarkiis get BIG!

Pix of the H.malu? Its a sand dweller so don't put it on the rocks. It will just move down till it hits sand. Did you buy it from AC?

Clarkiis get BIG!
Yeah unfortunately clarkiis get big and they're kinda fugly. But I am need of some symbiosis!

No it was included as a freebie with an online order.

9263793817f7629b8ab2fa53f8d57c91.jpg

Last edited:
How long has it been in the sand? I"m not 100% its a H.malu. Looks more like a H.crispa. Tentacles don't look stubby enough for me and more tentacles than what is normal for a H.malu.

Where did you get it from?

Could have gotten a M. doreensis and A. perideraion (pink skunks which only grow out to 4"), A. ocellaris will occasionally accept it as host (mine did).

It's been in the tank about a week. Was a freebie from aquasd auction. When I asked what it was, I was told Sebae but wouldn't be surprised if it were something else. Like you said, it doesn't look like other photos on the net. So I need help IDing it. Does this photo help?
4e1fad6cbe97a2fe505b2e1023394da6.jpg

That looks more like a H.crispa. H.malu has a thinner more delicate column. Sebae is commonly used interchangeably between the 2.

If it is a H.crispa, that opens the door for other clownfish.

Here is a list that it naturally hosts.

• Clark's Clown fish Amphiprion clarkii
  • Pink Skunk Clownfish A. perideraion
  • Saddleback Clownfish A. polymnus
  • Three-Band Clownfish A. tricinctus
  • Orange-fin Clownfish A. chrysopterus
  • Barrier Reef Clownfish A. akindynos
  • Two-Band Clownfish A. bicinctus
  • Red Saddleback Clownfish A. ephippium
  • Wide-Band Clownfish A. latezonatus
  • White-Bonnet Clownfish A. leucokranos
  • Red and Black Clownfish A. melanopus
  • Oman Clownfish A. omanensis
  • Orange Skunk Clownfish A. sandaracinos
Some are pretty nice and some are much rarer.

Man, glad I posted about the nem. Thanks Vincent! Now...to find a small pair of these other clowns...

The H crispa photos seem to have longer tentacles. Do they elongate as the nem matures? But yes, definitely an H crispa.

AC has A.polymnus and maybe bicintus or tricintus. But both bicintus and tricintus are in the clarkii family so they will get big and mean.

The A.polymnus at AC are these

8651a00ab5092db7dde35f424fa47c21.jpeg

Not these

c967651ab748d529affc3318941d1d50.jpg

A.sandaracinos are pretty if you can find them.

d1e878e7018bc434c55a67b3a7a3d15e.jpeg

Holy grail in that family are the A.leucokranos

7e6ea75a3a55a057b12377b8fe70df54.jpeg

Pickup planned with living water, but if it falls through you're next :).

Yeah, cool fish. Look kinda like koi. I also got a solar fairy which is similar.

So just to throw a wrench in the works, some on RC think it maybe a M.doreensis (LTA) instead.

Can you take a picture of it under whites?

Back