Reef nutrition

May Get Together Hosted by Roostertech 12-3pm

MayBARgathering.png

Our May get together is on a different weekend this time around. It will be at Roostertech's house on May 20th and well be making frag disk. Pot luck lunch is at 12 and disk making starts at 1pm. Materials will be supplied by the club. Personally Ive never done this before so if your attending and know what to do you would be a huge help. Rooster will post his address. We've had get togethers there before. A huge thank you to Roostertech for hosting

If you are joining us for lunch, please indicate so we have a headcount. I'll make something meaty, possibly some ribs or sous vide steak.

Lawrence might come just to talk sous vide.

Only one of us can make it (and probably closer to 2pm), but we are WAYYYY overdue for showing our faces at an event.

I will be there. Sounds like fun!

But what exactly is frag plug making.
Get some clay, a kiln, and make those little round disks?

I forgot to cvome back to this thread. I talked to Jester6 and he'd be happy to help (although I didn't give him the date so he may have plans. )

Here's what he said:

"I do make my stock, but none of the "traditional" frag plugs. Thought that was what you were looking for. If you want help making discs or squares, easy enough.
As for molds, I buy all of mine - any silicone soap/baking/candy mold will work."

It seems most home frag-makers don't do the snmall 1-2 inch on a plug. They are too cheap to buy. But 3", 4", 5" etc is what they make.

Personally I just want some bigger discs and or squares. Don't care about fancy molds or anything.
I have no idea what materials we need to make them or the process involved.

My problem is that I have a lot of frag plugs without any frags :rolleyes: But my 187g Visio for fish/LPS is cycling well...and I am picking up my 105g DSA for SPS next weekend. Then I just need to figure out how to plumb both tanks together. I have met some of you (Bruce, Mario, Gabe, and Mike) and look forward to meeting everyone else. BTW, thanks for the seed livestock @Gablami and @Coral reefer. - Patrick

Back