Our mission

Free emerald crab and 120g mix of Reef Salt

Chromis

Supporting Member
Pick up in Mountain View evenings or weekends. Frags or empty buckets are welcome trades but not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the crab that chewed off the skirt of your pally?
Haha yes, this was the banished crab. Maybe he'll have more to eat in the next tank - I admittedly overstocked the crabs out of paranoia the bubble algae would return.

sounds like something my son would love to watch!

I got one from @sfsuphysics that live in a palm sized conch shell. It lives in my fuge right now but somehow find way to get to all the other section of the sump. I swear the thing is a ninja that can climb pipes and wires. I would occasionally find it hanging out on top of a divider dry and would jump back in the water when it feel like.

Thats him chilling on top of the eggcrate out of water. Sry for the thread hijack.

upload_2017-5-9_15-4-38.png

ok i will take him in, i got 2 sump, one is for my upcoming 12g shallow frag tank that uses 20g, which ever gets the most spaces he will stay in. great to stir the sand too.

ok i will take him in, i got 2 sump, one is for my upcoming 12g shallow frag tank that uses 20g, which ever gets the most spaces he will stay in. great to stir the sand too.
Take in the giant ninja hermit crab or my emerald crab? Can't put both in the same space or I'm pretty sure one will get eaten

I'll chime in here to what Rooster said, but yea that hermit can climb if he has something to grab onto, and that includes power cords to a pump or a heater. First time I moved it to a temporary tank, I found him the next day crawling on the floor acting like he didn't give a F* about anything :D He's probably responsible for a goby's death too, and will kill other crabs, and snails and anything else it gets it's claws on. But leaving it in a sump area to be a scavenger isn't a horrible idea. Only problem is what he'll move into as he outgrows his current shell... I think he'll need a 200sqft apt next :D

Back