High Tide Aquatics

Can someone ID this?

I got this frag awhile back can someone ID this?

dd8c520140b59debc99f864e8de6b84b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ask because it looks very similar to this one I got from the swap.

IMG_4371.JPG

It was labeled as an unknown acro. Some people were saying it's a tri colored something that started with a v.

The tricolored that started with a v is most likely an Acropora valida. Piece looks good on the top, but it looks like it's receding or receded on the bottom there. Is it still continuing to recede or is that just from the lack of flow/light, or a low alk?

As for that piece there, hard to say what species it is without looking at the skeleton under the microscope and comparing it to AIMs photo. Unless you can trace that back, just grow it out and call it an unknown Acropora.

The tricolored that started with a v is most likely an Acropora valida. Piece looks good on the top, but it looks like it's receding or receded on the bottom there. Is it still continuing to recede or is that just from the lack of flow/light, or a low alk?

As for that piece there, hard to say what species it is without looking at the skeleton under the microscope and comparing it to AIMs photo. Unless you can trace that back, just grow it out and call it an unknown Acropora.
I noticed the receeding base shortly after adding it to the tank. I haven't noticed any change for the better or worse with the base. I see good pe so I haven't been too worried.

Back