Our mission

Fritz salt

I believe the newer lots are packed with 4 smaller bags now. Like within the last week or two. Should say 4 / 13.75 lb. instead of 55 lb... found this online:

17349780_1402985323091252_1443980923851776168_o.jpg

It does seem to be getting a lot of good reviews.
Seems like a good combo of premium salt at a somewhat reasonable price.

The 4 bags would be great. No measuring, and no issues with components separating during shipping.

It shouldn't separate. The salt crystals should be all bonded together. If it separated a lot of people with would have mixing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does seem to be getting a lot of good reviews.
Seems like a good combo of premium salt at a somewhat reasonable price.

The 4 bags would be great. No measuring, and no issues with components separating during shipping.

It's actually a very proven Salt. We were the first shop to carry this salt as our primary pro salt 6 years ago when Fritz made it for MicrobeLift . MicrobeLift no longer in the salt biz so Fritz rebranded it as their own with slight mods to the original formula. We sold over a pallet of t a month and it is also salt of choice for our shop-use.

It's actually a very proven Salt. We were the first shop to carry this salt as our primary pro salt 6 years ago when Fritz made it for MicrobeLift . MicrobeLift no longer in the salt biz so Fritz rebranded it as their own with slight mods to the original formula. We sold over a pallet of t a month and it is also salt of choice for our shop-use.
Why do you like it so much? And how what are your prices like?

So, do you have the 4 bag version of the 200G?

I believe the newer lots are packed with 4 smaller bags now. Like within the last week or two. Should say 4 / 13.75 lb. instead of 55 lb... found this online:

17349780_1402985323091252_1443980923851776168_o.jpg
Where did you find this 4x50g box? Been looking for it and can't find it. Faced with splitting up a big bag by weight.

Just use measuring cups after awhile I knows how many scoops I do for my changing container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I do that normally, but I got these big 65g mixing containers that I wanna dump in a whole bag and make 50g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined the Fritz Salt club to get higher starting Mg numbers than SeaChem Reef Salt.

Bought the 185-220g (200g) mix at Neptune's.

For a 20g mix at 76F, 1.021* Sal the water parameters were (according to Red Sea Pro kit)

After 12 hrs:
Mg 1440
Ca 375
Alk 7.7

After 24 hours:
Alk 8.4
Ca 400
(I didn't remeasure Mg because it was already high enough)

*edited after retesting with Milwaukee salinity meter

Last edited:
I got my 200g box, mixed it and split it into 4 equal parts by weight. Mixed it to 1.026 a week ago. Have it stored, in a painted covered nsf container outdoors, with pump running but no heat. Confirmed 1.026 this morning and tested alk:
7d69c1af4a0d761adfbe56712dc7ce7b.jpg

Has anyone done additional longer term testing of alk after longer storage periods? I'll keep posting; will try to check weekly. Same batch obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried again with my 18 gallon mix, using a Jebao powerhead on low setting instead of my much more powerful MagDrive. It helped a lot with precipitation. With the MagDrive, it would almost be cloudy overnight and the MagDrive covered in white dust. With the Jebao, it still stayed fairly clear with minimal white dust on the powerhead and in the water. I still have the issue of Alk dropping. My next batch, I am going to try an even smaller pump, or the Jebao on slow long pause wave to see if I can make even less heat. Or was thinking of trying to put it on a timer to prolong the pauses.

It seems this salt is very sensitive to heat for precipitation. Although it seems high or low precipitation, it's almost the same Alk drop over time. It always mixes extremely clear after the first 20-30 minutes, so trying to figure out a way to have same clearness during storage. Perhaps, I don't even need to continue mixing after that and just keep it sealed?

Back