Neptune Aquatics

Lawrence's first (90g) salt water tank

Welcome to our new inhabitants... especially the crab who went straight to work in the diatom algae! (Don't worry - we are on the algae. Decreased lighting., pulled filter socks, planning for next water change.)

And we couldn't help adding a couple of tiny corals - a torch and a mushroom.

Go, crab, go!
141ebad674bba47dc9a99bd90a55780b.jpg

Mushroom.
43c71d95625fb723b6311a970f141b07.jpg

Torch and snail on the back wall.
72aff17b5a25fcba1973cf522f27ba8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We introduced the toadstool, and it looked great for three days, then today - this.

b5ac52d40e7c43f903b73c28319cb83c.jpg

be1878fd20f210990b8d24f073aefb34.jpg

Brushed it off and relocated it further from the top of the tank and with better flow. Keeping a close eye on it.

We still aren't totally done with the diatom. :(

Happy Father's Day, Lawrence! Just for you, I learned what the BRS video meant about *not* creating a siphon with the Tunze ATO. The hard way.

Tank parameters stable for the moment. Whew.

I mean, I could have woken you up with strong coffee and breakfast in bed... instead of "honey, we have a tank emergency!"

I think Lawrence is glad that you are so involved in the hobby (perhaps even more than he? 50:50?). Most wives could care less :). Mine appreciates the beauty and likes how much joy I get out of it, but I just asked her what an ATO is, and she said "accrued time off?"

Happy Father's Day, Lawrence! Just for you, I learned what the BRS video meant about *not* creating a siphon with the Tunze ATO. The hard way.

Tank parameters stable for the moment. Whew.

I mean, I could have woken you up with strong coffee and breakfast in bed... instead of "honey, we have a tank emergency!"

I did the same thing. Don't feel bad.

I think Lawrence is glad that you are so involved in the hobby (perhaps even more than he? 50:50?). Most wives could care less :). Mine appreciates the beauty and likes how much joy I get out of it, but I just asked her what an ATO is, and she said "accrued time off?"

L pretty much handles everyday maintenance of tank and water chemistry. But B does a lot in respects to the tank set up that including lighting and plumbing in addition to the research to the work around RO in addition to dealing with DI resin (& Kold sterile) so L doesn't manage to simply dump unfiltered tap water into tank. With the ATO and the new Apex should hopefully reduce that daily work though.

It helps that both are vested in the tank.

Father's Day... after the debacle! Two new corals and all the fish are out to play. Water parameters are almost back to normal, and we are partially up and running on the Apex.
505b83116dfd1560aa0469d6389c197a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back