High Tide Aquatics

High PH

I don't totally follow the terms, but this doesn't look too crazy.
1e7758cf97b2940c04d9f62f15b7da36.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are using an conductivity probe remember that is reads differently then a refractometer. Conductivity probe can detect stray voltage in the tank, or EMI can effect the probe so this can make the results vary from other testing devices.

Double check w refractometer and adjust slowly if that's a true reading.
Funny enough the probe saved the day.
B had put it in the tank and then told L the reading. Then L realized that that the refractometer wasn't actually calibrated.
If it wasn't for the probe L would have way over compensated and sent the salinity to Mars. If it had been properly calibrated, would have saved some water and a lot of unnecessary work. Uuugh.
Good work by B getting the apex nailed in the side of the cabinet with not much room and getting it up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are using an conductivity probe remember that is reads differently then a refractometer. Conductivity probe can detect stray voltage in the tank, or EMI can effect the probe so this can make the results vary from other testing devices.
Good to know! Thanks

Both the refractometer and conductivity probe need calibration, and you don't want to calibrate to RODI like most refractometers tell you to do because then they will be consistently inaccurate at SW readings.

Save yourself some frustration and calibrate both to the same solution, made for both (not the one that comes with the controller), at the tank temperature. I use this and it is perfect:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pinpoint-salinity-calibration-fluid.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Save yourself some frustration and calibrate both to the same solution, made for both (not the one that comes with the controller), at the tank temperature. I use this and it is perfect:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pinpoint-salinity-calibration-fluid.html

We'll take a look! We did calibrate with the fluid that came with the controller. As the while whose was 80 yesterday, we aren't too worried that the temp of the fluid was mismatched.

Back