Reef nutrition

Hanna alk checked in dkh and ppm

So I just tested both dkh shows 8.9 and ppm is 155 which calculated to 8.6 now which one is the correct one? Hah hard to tell since the +- 0.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I have both Hanna checker one is dkh and one is ppm model both giving me wrong readings. I checked with my redsea it reads 8.4

I have both Hanna checker one is dkh and one is ppm model both giving me wrong readings. I checked with my redsea it reads 8.4

Of course, one has to ask: Why do you think the redsea is correct?
:)
Yes, the Red Sea Pro test kit proclaims high accuracy. (< 0.14)
But reagents get old. And it is hard to read it perfectly.
Was that the Pro version anyway?
At +/-0.2, the Hanna 8.6 is in range.

Not that I am really defending Hanna. I stopped using mine also. But mostly because API is way easier,
and +/-1.0 is close enough for me.

Best way is to get the Hanna test standard. Test both and find out which is closer. Then keep testing till you get an average Delta. Apply that Delta when recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way is to get the Hanna test standard. Test both and find out which is closer. Then keep testing till you get an average Delta. Apply that Delta when recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do something similar to this. I use the fauna marin reference solution and test my test kit against it. So when I test the reference solution and it comes up with 9.0 dKh and the reference solution shows that it's really 8.5 then I know that my test kit is consistently .5 above what it really is. Another thing to compound this issue is that I've noticed that each time I open a new bottle of reagent I get subtly different readings from the last batch.

I do something similar to this. I use the fauna marin reference solution and test my test kit against it. So when I test the reference solution and it comes up with 9.0 dKh and the reference solution shows that it's really 8.5 then I know that my test kit is consistently .5 above what it really is. Another thing to compound this issue is that I've noticed that each time I open a new bottle of reagent I get subtly different readings from the last batch.

Yes. You have to recalibrate each time you change reagents. The thing that sucks is BRS doesn't carry the Fauna Marin reference solution anymore. :(

Have to find another source or go direct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back