Kessil

Writer's Reef (Bruce's Tank)

Good luck on the Sun Corals. I'm 0/3 on sun coral colonies. They seem to be on a reverse lighr cycle so they extend their polyps after lights out. But since I don't feed after dark, they didn't get fed as well as they needed to be.

Some have trained their sun corals to feed during lights on but I did not have any luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July Photo Updates:
IMG_4637.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_4642.JPG
IMG_4644.JPG
IMG_4646.JPG
IMG_4648.JPG
IMG_4657.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG

Current (Incredibly over-stocked) livestock list:
(Overstocked by way of weird circumstances. Some will move to a new tank soon -- hopefully)

Red Mandarin Male
Blue Mandarin Male
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Bristletooth White Tail Tang
Blue Tang
Red Hawkfish
Firefish
Purple Psuedochromis
Tri-Color Anthias
2X Lyretail Anthias
Male Melanarius Wrasse
Male Naoko Wrasse
3X Occelaris

Beautiful!

Water/tank look level to me, I think just the angle of the photos gives that impression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looking good. Did you do anything special to get the sun coral to extend its polyps during the "day"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good. Did you do anything special to get the sun coral to extend its polyps during the "day"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been feeding it first thing in the morning. My tank lights don't come on till 10am normally. Twice a week I pop them on early while the sun coral is still extended (about 8 am) and feed. Since starting that I find the coral stays extended most of the day. I took the newest picture mid-afternoon.

Don't forget to get the flow restrictor/flush valve for your rodi.
Does anyone know why a spectrapure wouldn't have a flow restrictor? Are they not supposed to have them or is it. July in somehow? This is ag least the second time I've seen used spectrapure rodi w no flow restrictor. Maybe I'm missing something?
@Newjack i think has no flow restrict as well?
Nice tanks by the way. Looking forward to "the cube".

Back