Neptune Aquatics

Chasing Coral

Yeah and do your research before you go, last thing you want to do is be on the North coast and then have them tell you you need to go to 400 miles to the south to see any live corals

Just watched it. Very well shot and presented. Also very depressing but in an informative way.

I was surprised to learn that 26% of corals died on the Great Barrier Reef in 2016 alone! I don't know how they came up with that number but it is a LARGE %!

The time lapse photos at the end were very sad to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't control Your temps?

I didn't during my first tank. It was reaching close to 90 i believe. Hot temp + algae made me quit the hobby for about a year ;P. I had no knowledge back then.

I am using clip on fans now. Those help me maintain between 80 during heat wave. I can't use chiller because I live in an apartment and there is no place install it.

I didn't during my first tank. It was reaching close to 90 i believe. Hot temp + algae made me quit the hobby for about a year ;P. I had no knowledge back then.

I am using clip on fans now. Those help me maintain between 80 during heat wave. I can't use chiller because I live in an apartment and there is no place install it.
Between 80 and what?

Peter and I watched it last night. A real eye opener. I wonder that as the oceans are warming and we lose long established coral reefs, new reefs will begin to slowly grow in places where the water was a couple degrees too cold previously?

What size tank do you have?

Peter and I watched it last night. A real eye opener. I wonder that as the oceans are warming and we lose long established coral reefs, new reefs will begin to slowly grow in places where the water was a couple degrees too cold previously?

So the reefs would start moving north n south away from the tropical ranges towards the temperate areas?

Would be cool if California had reefs off our coast!

Wouldn't be in our life time though and hopefully there would be enough time for the corals to adapt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back