Neptune Aquatics

Will's 300g Re-Do

Finished QT and added to the display. They stay more or less together so far....we'll see.

cfa5bc8c2fa37bfde62842d9aa2d8f9d.jpg

During the rebuild I decided to use two DC return pumps instead of the Reeflo Dart I had used for 9+ years. I made this change mostly due to noise, since DC pumps tend to be quieter. I'm happy with the Neptune L1 that I'm using. But, not happy with the DC Current pump. Seems like I all I have to do is bump the controller and it stops. I have a second one for my softie tank and it does the same thing. So, I have to figure that out.

Well....just found an aptasia in my DT. I quarantine everything so my bet is that it came in with my recycled LR. I inspected every piece but I guess it wasn't good enough. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom and at the rear of the tank, somewhat inaccessible.

So, now I have to figure out if a majano wand will work? Anyone with experience? Any other way to get to an aptasia that is just out of reach?

Well....just found an aptasia in my DT. I quarantine everything so my bet is that it came in with my recycled LR. I inspected every piece but I guess it wasn't good enough. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom and at the rear of the tank, somewhat inaccessible.

So, now I have to figure out if a majano wand will work? Anyone with experience? Any other way to get to an aptasia that is just out of reach?

Majano wands won't work cause aptasias spreads differently than majano. Any little piece will grow am aptasias. Try injecting it with kalk or peppermint shrimps.

Is your rock all glued together or encrusted at the joints? I'm sufficiently freaked out by aiptasia that I would take the rock apart to get rid of it. And I would remove the rock entirely if possible. Just not worth it to have it take hold in my DT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added the purple Tang that I got from @Gablami to the DT.

d74f35c3b75255023c5c45a029d1913d.jpg

My existing tangs are a large blonde Naso, Hippo, Yellow, and a small Kole Tang. Turns out that the one Tang that picked on the purple was the smallest of the bunch, the Kole! Completely unexpected. Anyway, I used a mirror for just a day and the picking stopped. The purple has settled right in with them.

b5e8e111cd52bf0796d4d2dfccb19b1c.jpg

e597977ed378b7b5d007d6653e181b80.jpg

db6995731d49d93e5ec7d90f6a037dc1.jpg

Yes, he is eating...no problem. He got one small tear in his dorsal fin which should heal just fine. He's settled in well. I always wanted a purple, but up until 9 months or so ago, I had a yellow and a scopas and at one point I had a desjardini sailfin as well...for many years who was really big, 10"+, and ruled the tank. So, with 3 zebrasoma tangs, I wasn't going to risk adding another one. But, now that I am down to just the yellow, I figured now was my chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Red Dragon that I just got last week from DTW on RC. This is my third red dragon. The first one was a Copps CITR red dragon,...I had half of it RTN and the rest took off and grew well for several months. But, I lost it when I made the big move to my new tank. The Alk became real unstable in my transfer tank where it sat for two weeks....so, unfortunately not unexpected. So, I got a second one from Copps and it RTNd in the first day...painful.

I then decided to stay away from them for some time...but when DTW had some frags available and he is close to me... I couldn't resist. So far, so good.

a349740b64ce7a9a82b56222e2866ef1.jpg

a6bad5e7818c9177103543a3fc5bc7b2.jpg

Last edited:
Back