Kessil

Regional Frag Swap Sept 16th

Haha that ought to be a super duper ultra bonus coral :eek: Please tell me you are bringing a frag!:p

Yea we could buy them, but it is a lot more fun to have father/son time together fragging what we have grown.

Dont worry, I guarantee with time you will have more corals than just the "beginner" corals, and even some that are in the bonus/ultra category. Also you can always frag some of the "banned" coral and just put them on the freebie table. I guarantee you someone will pick them up. Also looks like you are in good shape and have at least 3 different corals you can bring (green pocillopora, green sinularia, green zoas, and a gorgonian). Remember the idea of the frag swap is to be as generous as you can be, regardless if have $$$ corals to bring or not. If everyone does that, this will be a very fun swap :)

Last edited:
Haha that ought to be a super duper ultra bonus coral :eek: Please tell me you are bringing a frag!

Dont worry, I guarantee with time you will have more corals than just the "beginner" corals, and even some that are in the bonus/ultra category. Also you can always frag some of the "banned" coral and just put them on the freebie table. I guarantee you someone will pick them up. Also looks like you are in good shape and have at least 3 different corals you can bring (green pocillopora, green sinularia, green zoas, and a gorgonian). Remember the idea of the frag swap is to be as generous as you can be, regardless if have $$$ corals to bring or not. If everyone does that, this will be a very fun swap :)
We are looking forward to it. We do have some corals that are better than the beginner corals, they are just too small to frag at this time

Just a reminder to bring some cash for parking, was $2 the last time and they do not have card readers.

Looks like the flea market is going on the same day in parking lot B, which means free parking in that lot only.

It's a very odd shade of green and looks very delicate. You can pick it up if you're staring into the tank as it's different from the other sps, even the ones near it (op & wd). JF's shots are usually under pretty intense blues which brings out the green fluorescence.

tris_homewrecker_071817.jpg

I was going to try and put together a flyer that can be posted at our sponsors' stores. I can take some to Neptune. Is anyone else able to take them to CRC, AC, Diablo, and the new sponsor (it doesn't have to be the same person)? I'll email you the flyer.

It's free for supporting members but how much is it for everyone else (@Coral reefer)? We're still going to be selling pizza at it right?

The coral farmers market is in august. @Ashalye are you able to update the landing page slide to advertise for it (or if you can't do you know who is able)? Then as soon as it's over can you have a slide ready for the regional swap? We will have a table at the CFM and I plan on handing out flyers for our swap there, so it would be good to have the slide up for the swap as soon as possible to guide non-members to information about it.

We'll also need people for...

Two for registration and getting people checked in and handle the purchasing of raffle tickets
One for coral inspection/bonus coral qualification
One for coral table organization
One to be the coral "bouncer"
One runner to just bounce around where needed
One to sell pizza and club t-shirts (@Coral reefer, are you still able to pick up the pizzas?)

This is just a minimum so if someone has already volunteered for a position but you'd like to help out with it too then don't hold back.

@mray2660 we'll be taking cash for the raffle, registration, pizza, and shirts. I don't expect you to man each of these tables but can you oversee anything to do with the handling of cash and make sure there's some cash in the box to make change with?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Sorry, I've hardly had time to check in on BAR lately. Is there a slide ready for the Coral Farmers Market? I'll have to go look for that thread..

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. I'll sign back in on the 6th to change the landing slide to the Regional Frag Swap.

Last edited:
The swap this year will be held on sept 16th in room 722 at Chabot College. Doors open for registration at 11am-12pm. Swap to start at 12:30 and last until all corals are gone. This thread is to get the ball rolling and will include everything swap related. We will need volunteers for everything ( set up , registration , coral id , clean up etc.) I will monitor this thread the best I can. John ( Flagg37 ) will be our speaker/host. We dont have a great deal of time so if anyone can help me monitor this thread that be awesome. I will reach out to YourReef , Legendary , and Diablo to see if they can attend to be our onsite vendors.

When should we create an actual event page, so ppl can RSVP, and we can post the finalized details? I'll promote that thread once the coral farmers market is past. If someone wants to make a pretty graphic for it, that would be great too.

Made a flyer for the event, if you guys want to use it let me know. I'll send it to you in whatever file format you need it in. Also, let me know what additional info needs to go in it. I stole the background image from @Vhuang168 , hope you don't mind me using your awesome pics! :)
upload_2017-8-1_8-31-54.png

Back