Our mission

Peter's Garage Tank

Corals need some phosphate, yes. And yes, you can choose to worry about phosphates once you have a algae problem. There are some amazing tanks that run surprisingly high phosphates. I think doing water changes alone could be all you need. But doing nothing will eventually raise your nutrient levels given that it is a relatively closed system that you're adding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am back to doing water changes, just no skimmer for now.

Ok , so back to figuring out our corals. My newbie guess is green pocillopora ??

poc.png

The first one is a Purple Sea Plume also called Rough Sea Plume or Purple Brush Gorgonian (Muriceopis Flavida) It is both photosynthetic and has to be fed.

What do you feed it and how often?
I feed that tank generously every morning with live phytoplankton, Rotifers, and Tigger Pods. No processed food-only live. They eat fresher than I do! Soon we will be culturing Apocyclops pods to add to that tank also. they are cool because they feast on algae growing in your tank. Our garage is looking like a science experiment.

How often does your gorgonian? Mine seems to open more at night.

Panda Goby sounds neat. Do they hang out in all sps? or just Poci?
Most of the Gorgonians are new (had for a day) the other 4 that we have had for a while are open all day. Several of the new ones are open today.
The Panda has proven to be most elusive. He is about the size of a Tic-Tac candy and we have only seen him once. He is adorable though. I understand that they only hang on Poci.

I feed that tank generously every morning with live phytoplankton, Rotifers, and Tigger Pods. No processed food-only live. They eat fresher than I do! Soon we will be culturing Apocyclops pods to add to that tank also. they are cool because they feast on algae growing in your tank. Our garage is looking like a science experiment.
Wow...it must be...based on everything you have going on. My bet is that the cars don't get the garage?

Back