Cali Kid Corals

Anyone have a working 175 W Metal Halide Ballast? (they don't want anymore)

Ugh, things keep breaking. My ballast died on my MH fixture while I was on a 3 week vacation. Only two anemones were under it (and will be moved over, since there are three lights in the canopy).

I was using icecap electronic ballasts, but see they are now discontinued. Apparently all my equipment is obsolete.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any 175W ballasts sitting around unloved, that I could borrow/buy from them?

If not, I actually have an LED fixture that was in place, then replaced with the MH, and I will swap back in if nobody has a ballast.

Thanks!

V

i have one as well, you can keep it as it was given by another member as well. and I'm based in berkeley/san pablo if that helps with location wise.

Ugh, things keep breaking. My ballast died on my MH fixture while I was on a 3 week vacation. Only two anemones were under it (and will be moved over, since there are three lights in the canopy).

I was using icecap electronic ballasts, but see they are now discontinued. Apparently all my equipment is obsolete.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any 175W ballasts sitting around unloved, that I could borrow/buy from them?

If not, I actually have an LED fixture that was in place, then replaced with the MH, and I will swap back in if nobody has a ballast.

Thanks!

V

Yes. I can't remember if I have couple ARO 175 but for sure a magnetic dual 175
I should have at least one.

THanks Mark for the 250 ballast and bulbs! I am going to install them tonight, I stocked up on 175 bulbs, so I'll likely see if I can pick one up still.

Thanks for giving me a tank tour, I especially loved the HUGE pleco and goldfish! I can't believe that goldfish was a 25 cent feeder at one point!

Vince

Back