Neptune Aquatics

Peter's Garage Tank

Needed to pick up some water today and came home with 2 new fish (I am always uneasy about buying fish from Ultimate Aquarium) Anyway I picked up a Wrasse for the 65g ( I think it is a Christmas?) and a Dwarf Fireback Angel for the frag tank.
cw.png
DFA.png

There is a bit of green algae (although not very much hair algae) which is the reason I picked up the Angel. He was working non-stop at the LFS picking at the glass. He may nip at the corals?

Yeah neither of those fish is real safe. Xmas likely to eat shrimp, angel may pick at corals.
Yea, we don't have any shrimp (cant find a Peppermint anywhere) and I am okay with waiting to see if he picks at the corals. I came home yesterday and the male Mandarin had his lower jaw ripped off and was dead. So I guess we will wait on more Mandarins.

Christmas Wrasses are generally coral safe just not invert safe. I have one in my reef and so far it has been leaving the hermits alone

Yea, we don't have any shrimp (cant find a Peppermint anywhere) and I am okay with waiting to see if he picks at the corals. I came home yesterday and the male Mandarin had his lower jaw ripped off and was dead. So I guess we will wait on more Mandarins.

Ouch sorry for your loss, any idea cause for the death?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like your tank has turned into theOctagon [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You should see the fish in our 100 gallon turtle tank. There is Red Earred Slider with about 15 South American Cichlids and half a dozen huge Plecos. The Cichlids go at it and they are vicious!! I actually have a couple of fish that the lips have been ripped right off. They are ugly but it never kills them.

Yea, you know you start with 2 Cichlids and those darn things breed like bunnies. At one point we had 100+. I was giving them away on C/L. Now the Plecos are sooo big the eggs don't stand a chance.

Keep an eye out on your polyp extension with the flameback in there. They're iffy at best with the Brazilian flameback being the safer of the two (you can't get the 3rd flameback any more - C. resplendens), but even that species is very hit and miss.

Back