Cali Kid Corals

Will's 93g Serenity Cube

Well...the pool is a salt pool (3,000 ppt) with a dechlorinator. Except the chlorinator went wonky and I haven't bothered to fix it. So, in the meantime I have been chlorinating it. So, not a bad idea to throw the rock in there!

So, let's see...to bring it up to 35,000 ppt from 3,000 ppt...would take about 3000 lbs of salt. So, @Flagg37 was a pretty good guess. That's more than a ton!

I had a couple of folks tell me to not bother because I was going to introduce Aptasia sooner or later.
I applaud your action to pull the rock and get a clean start.

I let a bright green majano anemone in my tank once because someone told me it was a maxi mini (one of my many noob moments!)... by the time I knew better there were 3, and I had to remove them 3 times before they were gone for good. But I have never had aiptasia. Probably because that majano made me paranoid about checking coral plugs from then on.

So...3-4 days of sunbathing by the pool, followed by a 20:1 muriatic acid bath for 10 min yesterday morning, they are now sitting in a bleach solution.

I also soaked the sump, skimmer, and rinsed down the tank with 10% bleach solution.

Let's see if the damn lil planula survive that! It's a friggin throw down right now.

OK. Rinsed the bleach from the smaller rocks successfully and they are now in a bucket with saltwater. the larger rock structure (of course it has already fallen apart in a couple of places...hopefully I can remember how it went together) still has residual chlorine and the bin it is in is testing at 2ppm total chlorine...so, continuing to rinse that out.

9d9b42c1fc3434e22c892bde140b84d3.jpg

"Serenity" cube lol

Burn it with sun! Burn it with acid! Burn it with bleach!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I applaud your action to pull the rock and get a clean start.

I let a bright green majano anemone in my tank once because someone told me it was a maxi mini (one of my many noob moments!)... by the time I knew better there were 3, and I had to remove them 3 times before they were gone for good. But I have never had aiptasia. Probably because that majano made me paranoid about checking coral plugs from then on.

Similar happened to my brother, bought a rock with fancy green looking things and turned out to be majanos, they were pretty anyway...

Finally got the rock back in the tank a week or so ago. Even though a lot of it was doweled and glued, some of it still came apart and I couldn't remember how it went back together despite pics, etc. Anyway, I think ended up with a better structure.

I use a seneye to monitor my NH3 levels...much easier than constantly testing for ammonia...but I think I fried it or at least shorted the cable with saltwater when I took the rock out...big bummer. So, I just seeded it with some LR from my 300g and threw in some Dr Tims and called it.

So what is the tank plan now..serenity, predator or other? I like the paradox of the two, though Felicia had softies + predators in her beautiful tank.

So what is the tank plan now..serenity, predator or other? I like the paradox of the two, though Felicia had softies + predators in her beautiful tank.
Still not sure...I loved her tank and was initially inspired to replicate something similar. I have moved a few of my softies from my frag tank to it..but no fish yet.

The dreaded aptaisia...a few of my softie frags from my frag tank have them. Doing my best to zap them, but I think the reality is that I'm not going to be able to be completely sure I've got them all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take the rock out and kill them, if it’s all over the rock, I’d dump it like I did with one big piece I have, even if it’s encrusted with different corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Time for an update. Scape is mostly finished. MST of the softies are in. May still move a few corals around....to get the proper Feng Shui.

FTS left side.
42f4eaab01f34b96afb6b9ae4d0e3e9e.jpg

FTS front
30d8d8fa30a2aec131bda70970a058f5.jpg

FTS right side
34b3150928bf51d975c51fa4396d2f58.jpg

Reactions: JVU
Back