Jestersix

Jepoy's 45 gallon beginner reef tank

I am in Redwood City - Probably not close to you? but it will save you like $60

It is a bit far, but yes it's still much better than ordering online. Can I come pick up next weekend? Most likely Saturday morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last night I found the first case of homicide in my tank. One of my hermits killed an astrea snail [emoji36]. I'm finally banishing all of my crabs to the sump.. caught 3 out of 5 so far but I'll be looking for the other two later. That said, the crabs may have done me a favor, as I took out the shell of the dead snail I noticed a growth on it that sorta looks like a tiny aptasia! [emoji15] I should've taken a pic and posted it here so you guys can verify but I was in such panic that I ran to the garbage bin and tossed it lol. Anyhow, probably means aptaisa will be in my future. Btw, since my hermits are going in the sump, can you guys recommend another good sand scavenger? My snails seem to only do rocks and glass. I hear shrimps are good but what kind?

I had a coral banded shrimp but he would have to be your only shrimp in the tank. It will kill other ones.

I just looked them up and they are cool looking but from what I've read so far they can get very aggressive. Also, I would like to have a couple different shrimps in my tank. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last night I found the first case of homicide in my tank. One of my hermits killed an astrea snail [emoji36]. I'm finally banishing all of my crabs to the sump.. caught 3 out of 5 so far but I'll be looking for the other two later. That said, the crabs may have done me a favor, as I took out the shell of the dead snail I noticed a growth on it that sorta looks like a tiny aptasia! [emoji15] I should've taken a pic and posted it here so you guys can verify but I was in such panic that I ran to the garbage bin and tossed it lol. Anyhow, probably means aptaisa will be in my future. Btw, since my hermits are going in the sump, can you guys recommend another good sand scavenger? My snails seem to only do rocks and glass. I hear shrimps are good but what kind?

The snail could have just died and the hermit was cleaning it up?

I have nassarius and fighting conches in my sand bed. Nass are good for left over food. Fighting conches are omnivores. Ceriths get in the sand bed too, but I don't see them ever doing much eating in the sand...They seem to just bury for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The snail could have just died and the hermit was cleaning it up?

Possibly, but I've also heard/read from a few people that hermits will eventually go after snails so I don't want to take the risk. My snail team has been awesome with cleaning up my algae.

I have nassarius and fighting conches in my sand bed. Nass are good for left over food. Fighting conches are omnivores. Ceriths get in the sand bed too, but I don't see them ever doing much eating in the sand...They seem to just bury for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you purchase your fighting conches from an LFS? I've never seen one at Neptune.

Lime green coralline? I've got some bright green stuff growing on my rocks, don't think it's algae because it looks like it's encrusted. Is this coralline?

Back