Reef nutrition

Any opinions on truvu AIO?

Hi any opinions on truvu tanks with built in filtration in the back?

I'm thinking of going bigger. Like 50 gals

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Do you have plans for a sump in the distant future?
If space is of concern I guess would be an "ok"
You would have limitations on what equipment will fit in the false back and have in mind plexi scratches easily.
Just an opinion.

I use to have one.. they pretty good actually. For sump what I saw people doing was: first chamber heaters second chamber bioballs and third chamber a drain with the return pipe, It's a pretty good tank. The only thing I didn't like was how it scratches easily... but other than that a great tank. I use to have the heaters on the first chamber bioballs and a pump with a carbon reactor on the second and the return pump on the last chamber, no sump and everything was growing pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Well, Do you have plans for a sump in the distant future?
If space is of concern I guess would be an "ok"
You would have limitations on what equipment will fit in the false back and have in mind plexi scratches easily.
Just an opinion.
Well I have a 75 in use with my goldfish right now and my old 55 in the garage. I'm using a fx4 canister on the 75
My goal is to get rid of the goldfish and convert to saltwater either with the 55 or 75
Any thoughts of using an fluval fx4 for filtration on a saltwater? Thx

That's a very good idea.. but way more expensive.

Yes more expensive! But when you get everything else...consider that in the end, your tank may very well be the cheapest piece of equipment overall!

I guess what I'm trying to say is if I decide to get a new tank, and it's going to be more expensive, I would rather save up and never look back, rather than getting a cheaper option and regretting it a year down the road.

Yes more expensive! But when you get everything else...consider that in the end, your tank may very well be the cheapest piece of equipment overall!
Yes thanks for good opinions

I currently have an IM 20 and a biocube 14 and want to go bigger

I got these truvus sitting around so was considering just using the fx4 cannister I already have on one of them

I'm still looking for a lagoon or cheaper Red Sea! Missed out on a 50 in Roseville yesterday and now I'm kicking myself

I'm just thinking of availability and what I already have laying around

I guess what I'm trying to say is if I decide to get a new tank, and it's going to be more expensive, I would rather save up and never look back, rather than getting a cheaper option and regretting it a year down the road.
That's true! And man... they look nice!!!

We run old Fluval canisters on both of our tanks. On both of them we removed all the filter medium and sponges (nitrate factories) and just put some rubble in them. Probably not perfect, but we have not had any major issues. Sometimes you have to do what you have to to get things running on a budget.

We run old Fluval canisters on both of our tanks. On both of them we removed all the filter medium and sponges (nitrate factories) and just put some rubble in them. Probably not perfect, but we have not had any major issues. Sometimes you have to do what you have to to get things running on a budget.
When I didn't have a sump I filled mine up with purigen for no3 reduction, phosguard for po4 reduction, and AC just because, in addition to some rubble in the bottom.

I'm kinda with SNU SNU on this one. The tank will eventually be the cheapest part of your set-up. If you want an AOI there's no better choice then the Innovative Marine simply for the quality of the tank and the clarity of the glass. Used ones are always available on Craigslist if you're patient for the right deal.

I'm kinda with SNU SNU on this one. The tank will eventually be the cheapest part of your set-up. If you want an AOI there's no better choice then the Innovative Marine simply for the quality of the tank and the clarity of the glass. Used ones are always available on Craigslist if you're patient for the right deal.
Yes the keyword is patient which I'm not unfortunately! Lol

Can't believe I slept on that im 50 now it's gone

When I didn't have a sump I filled mine up with purigen for no3 reduction, phosguard for po4 reduction, and AC just because, in addition to some rubble in the bottom.
I am using chemi blue on mine biocube.. and it's awesome!

Yes the keyword is patient which I'm not unfortunately! Lol

Can't believe I slept on that im 50 now it's gone

If you are not patient then get used to paying more. Spend the money, get the tank you want. Switching tanks in and out is no fun and stress coral and fish. And ultimately costs more money.

If you are not patient then get used to paying more. Spend the money, get the tank you want. Switching tanks in and out is no fun and stress coral and fish. And ultimately costs more money.

^^^^^^ This. In this hobby the cheap is more expensive.

I had plexi tanks a while back and vowed never again. I'd sacrifice size and stick with glass. 40B AGA are cheap, great dimensions, and there are AIO kits if you don't want to plumb a sump.

Back