Cali Kid Corals

Any opinions on truvu AIO?

IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
40B's make for awesome tanks, the wide base allows for imagination to work in many ways, you could add a false back from side to side or like the TruVu's trapezoid false back, another way is going peninsula style, this setting can accommodate a nice back sump; on the plus side, Petco has the $1/gallon sale I think twice a year? or you can see them popping for sale here and there.
Notice the tank on the images has the TruVu style filter chamber/s, the whole false back takes a huge amount of precious rock-scaping space.

That's what I do with Chemipure Blue. Then Mike mentioned it doesn't reduce phosphates that much so I was curious if he meant simply because the GFO in it is just in a bag.

Last edited:
I've never used GFO, bought a large bucket from BRS but as I left the hobby, was forgotten in the basement and I gave it to someone, Carbon on the other hand I did use it but in a filter bag close tho the drain of the tank. Bought a bunch of TLF reactors mainly because it was, let's say "trendy" not to mention looked nice in the messy sump area. Then I got a couple of BRS deluxe and same thing. Just look at today's high end sumps, magic boxes in white, red, green and what not.
I believe GFO works but is not a miracle cure, maybe a temporary solution to find the source of high phosphate.
I may have some Chemipure still sealed at home, I think if I'm not mistaken, Chemipure can be used again, there's a process to regenerate it's properties.
The use for a TLF reactor I found, was a passive sulfur based reactor, after giving up on controlling nitrates, it worked and to this day sits up un the closet shelf full of new sulfur /aragonite mix of media. I opted for a passive reactor since power was very limited at home and fuses kept blowing (yes, fuses) I had a Midwest Sulfur Reactor which ended up selling to Ed, Drdoolittle for his amazing build.
Think I read on RC some people had adverse results when running GFO

That's what I do with Chemipure Blue. Then Mike mentioned it doesn't reduce phosphates that much so I was curious if he meant simply because the GFO in it is just in a bag.
I do put gfo in a two little fishes reactor. Carbon in a bag.
I actually haven't tried the chemipure blue, I was thinking of the elite. That one doesn't do much for phosphates. Just not enough in the bag I think.

Back