Cali Kid Corals

Ich/Velvet treatment

ich is ubiquitous. It could be introduced with coral on a frag plug....
If a fish has ich in a tank and you remove it to treat the fish, and then place it back in the same tank within a few weeks, you run a high risk of simply re infecting that fish. Why remove it to treat then if it is so ubiquitous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a fish has ich in a tank and you remove it to treat the fish, and then place it back in the same tank within a few weeks, you run a high risk of simply re infecting that fish. Why remove it to treat then if it is so ubiquitous?

In this case how I am supposed to make sure my DT being fishless after 6 weeks is safe without using Cupramine?
If you think still after several weeks still there is a risk?

Velvet needs a host to survive. So if your display is fishless it'll die out. Although the life cycle of velvet is 6 weeks I'll just fallow it for 3 months to be more definite.

Last edited:
In this case how I am supposed to make sure my DT being fishless after 6 weeks is safe without using Cupramine?
If you think still after several weeks still there is a risk?
Needs to go fallow for 8-10 weeks (the exact time frame is debated online. Commonly see 72 days thrown around.)

If it goes away and then comes back in a few days, and then goes away, this is common for ich. Just keep looking.

Is there any good way to prove that it is ich or sand?
I saw it happened multiple times ! White spot on my yellow tang/puffer appeared and went away later! But the Puffer liked to play with sand and blow them out!
How can I say it is dust sitting on them or ich?

Back