Cali Kid Corals

Hanna Alk Colorimeter Checker

MolaMola

Supporting Member
On the advice that it would "change my life" I got a Hanna Alk Checker. Yes, it is awesome, but I am not convinced it is accurate and there is no way to calibrate it. Does anyone have one that measures in dKH that they could bring to the swap Saturday so we could compare readings?

On the advice that it would "change my life" I got a Hanna Alk Checker. Yes, it is awesome, but I am not convinced it is accurate and there is no way to calibrate it. Does anyone have one that measures in dKH that they could bring to the swap Saturday so we could compare readings?

They do have standard solution samples you can check against.

For HI772 (DKH)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hi772-11-alkalinity-dkh-calibration-check-set.html

For HI755 (ppm)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hi75...rds-for-hi755-hanna-checker-marine-water.html

Thanks to both of you. Bruce - I would love to compare.
RandyC - I did not know that. I found a bottle of BAR Alk standard sol'n and my reading did not match, but I think the bottle was old and possibly contaminated (by my classroom, not BAR).

yeah you should check it against a titration based kit once in awhile to make sure it is on point. Mine came within 0.1. I think Hanna will send you a new one if yours is way off.

Maybe we can get them to put the reagent in a plastic tub with a tiny spoon too vs trying to open those packets.

Of course Neptune will have that new gizmo out too to measure alk, calc, and mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we can get them to put the reagent in a plastic tub with a tiny spoon too vs trying to open those packets.

Of course Neptune will have that new gizmo out too to measure alk, calc, and mag.

The alk reagent is a liquid in a bottle.

There will also be a variation from one bottle of reagent to the next. So even if you find out it's delta it will change once you finish that bottle and move on to the next one. I think it's accurate enough for my liking.

The alk reagent is a liquid in a bottle.

There will also be a variation from one bottle of reagent to the next. So even if you find out it's delta it will change once you finish that bottle and move on to the next one. I think it's accurate enough for my liking.
I got my Hanna reagents all mixed up-I was thinking phosphate.

Back